“Pastries and bread!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Boone
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Excellent! Very friendly staff! May have dog treats to buy also! Loved everything we bought! Must stop by!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I wandered into Stick Boy the day it opened and went every week until I moved. Even though I no longer live in Boone, every time I travel there I come back loaded with bread for my freezer. My favorites? I loved the Fig Walnut Wheat so much that when they moved it to a day I never could be there, I learned how to make it myself. The Rosemary Olive Oil this summer was perfect for fresh tomato sandwiches. The Naan makes fabulous pizza. Any brioche makes the most exquisite french toast (and the brioche men are as good as you find in Paris). I could go on. It is rare to find such a place and the fact that they are always friendly just makes it perfect.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Growing up in a highly Jewish populated area (Miami) FULL of amazing Jewish bakeries, and an avid baker myself, I am a bit of an expert (LOL) at critiquing baked goods. That said, I thrilled to have this wonderful Stick Boy Bakery in our little town of Boone, NC. Pies, Cakes, Coffees, Herb Breads, Rolls, Cheese Breads.... all delish but what brings me back time after time are the Cinnamon Rolls and the sweet smiling staff.
The phrase "Bet you can't eat just one," does not apply as the Cinnamon Rolls and Sticky Buns are HUGE, and I am lucky to get an entire Cinnamon Roll (with Cream Cheese Frosting) down at one sitting. I highly recommend all. They are even great to freeze and warm the next day or after in an oven. This bakery has two locations: the original one across from Appalachian State University and the newer location that has a limited bakery selection but offers sandwiches, soups and more.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stick boy has added a few inches to my waistline. Excellent sweets and breads. My favorite is the scones, all kinds. I like to go by in the morning and have coffee and something sweet. This is a great place to spend your money in Boone.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We planned our wedding in Boone, NC from California and I chose Stick Boy to make the wedding cake based solely on on-line reviews. The cake that Brandon at Stick Boy made for us was not only beautiful, but delicious! I had several people tell me that it was one of the best wedding cakes they've had. Because, really, we all have had cake at a wedding that was just lovely to look at, but awful to eat. The cake Brandon made looked exactly like I wanted it to and the cake was moist and delicious. Thank you, Stick Boy, for helping to make my wedding perfect!