“Worth the Calories and Carbs!”
Review of Stick Boy Bread Co

Stick Boy Bread Co
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Boone
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My first trip here was before Thanksgiving a couple of years ago when our son, who live there, was hosting dinner. We went in JUST to get rolls, and left with white rolls, wheat rolls, stuffing bread, a baguette and a cherry pie. Since then, our son is responsible for bringing rolls and cherry pie to every event!

For his birthday (OK, he's our only kid, so cut me some slack!), we order a carrot cake every year.
This year when we visit, I'm getting the raisin bread to make French toast.

We live in an major East Coast city where there are some excellent artisianal bakeries, and Stick Boy is right up there!

When I call to inquire about different breads or to make purchases, the staff is alwasy knowledgeable and helpful.

I've been very impressed by both the service and quality here. Definitely check it out!

1  Thank SkippinWork

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent baked goods and coffee. There is no where to eat in the shop but you will not be disappointed with any baked good that you choose. Ended up buying more than I could eat at one sitting but not more than I wanted.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We went here during a very short stay in Boone. I got a coffee with a shot of espresso and it was perfect and fair trade, too. We also got one baguette, which was pretty good--nice, crispy crust and a decent crumb. The blueberry muffin was a little plain but definitely ok. The atmosphere was a little strange, though--we didn't know where we were supposed to order. The staff was friendly--the barista very much a pro. Lots and lots of students because the bakery is located on a very busy street surrounded by residence halls.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Visited many times and never disappointed by rhe quality of the baked goods. Wish there was one in my town!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Visited Stick Boy twice while in Boone last week. Fantastic breads and their cinnamon roll was to die for. Friendly staff and atmosphere. wish they had a location near us!