“Amazing!!!!!!!”

Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Amazing food, very romantic setting and friendly staff.. This place is definitely a hidden jem. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here and I couldn't be happier. I ordered the duck breast and it literally melted in my mouth so delicious!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The GM/Owner, Gary Claude, cares for his customers. The meal and wine we enjoyed on July 6, 2014 was excellent. The service was outstanding and entertaining. What more could you ask? Well, I asked for a lot more and received two phones calls from the GM providing me with some information concerning their glassware. I admired an Old Fashion tumbler and thought it was time to replace the cat glasses we had been using to impress out friends. They never liked the plastic beach glasses for scotch either. Anyway, Gary Claude took time out from his busy management duties to call me with the specific brand and item number to place an online order. I think this defines the term "customer service." Oh yes, the food - NC Trout and Hahn Estate Cab. Both were recommended by the waitress and were wonderful. Looking forward to our return....

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We went to Joy Bistro last night (Tuesday) and had the best experience in food and service maybe ever! Our waiter, Sarah was attentive, full of ideas and suggestions. My wife went for the new shrimp dish, she remarked how well prepared and the presentation was excellent. I had the pork chop, I don't know how you could prepare a chop any better, the sauce was outstanding. The restaurant was full and everyone was laughing and having a good time. Joy Bistro is at the top of our list, congratulations to the staff for a great experience.

2  Thank H E
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We visited one of our favorite restaurants for a quiet, relaxing dinner. We have experienced many of these dinners here in the past. Not tonight! The restaurant was understaffed and the kitchen extremely slow. We waited over 30 minutes for our wine, an hour for our salad, and 1 1/2 hours for our entree. When after an hour, we asked for bread, our waitress flippantly said sorry we are all out of bread. As our waitress gave us our check she said sorry for any delays tonight but it happens. We overheard other waitresses apologizing for service and offering drinks and desserts to compensate. Not ours. But in my opinion, a quality restaurant should not have a bad night like this.

3  Thank Lentzd
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I are frequent visitors to the Boone area but are usually with our two small children. We were able to get away for our anniversary and chose Joy Bistro to celebrate the occasion. After reading so many great reviews I had a feeling it would be great and the meal did not disappoint. We started with the pork belly appetizer and it was phenomenal. My husband had the duck and said it was amazing. I had the seared scallops and cleared my plate. The food is more upscale as you might find in a larger city but with a more relaxed atmosphere. Don't let the strip mall location deter you from trying Joy Bistro. It is a gem in the High Country. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and will definitely be back!