“Delightful anniversary dinner”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Delightful anniversary dinner”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I are frequent visitors to the Boone area but are usually with our two small children. We were able to get away for our anniversary and chose Joy Bistro to celebrate the occasion. After reading so many great reviews I had a feeling it would be great and the meal did not disappoint. We started with the pork belly appetizer and it was phenomenal. My husband had the duck and said it was amazing. I had the seared scallops and cleared my plate. The food is more upscale as you might find in a larger city but with a more relaxed atmosphere. Don't let the strip mall location deter you from trying Joy Bistro. It is a gem in the High Country. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and will definitely be back!

North Carolina
“Great expectations, exceeded!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I'm no food critic but it's very difficult not to launch into all the details that made my visit to the Joy Bistro such a memorable experience. So, instead I'll just say that my experience there was more than just the enjoyment of delicious food and wine but also included meeting other people and the co-owner/executive chef, Melissa (Joy). This is what a real dining experience means for me: a coming together of people over well-prepared, well-presented food and wine that flawlessly complements the meal. I really could write pages about the appetizers, entrees and desserts but will only say that if you're in the Boone/Blowing Rock area and want to experience casual upscale dining on a level that you should only find in larger markets, then the Joy Bistro is your ticket.

I highly recommend the foie gras torchon as an appetizer, if you're into pate. The only slightly negative comment that I have is the lack of a sweeter reisling to go with that or a Sauternes. I also highly recommend the flourless chocolate torte paired with the Fladgate 20 year Tawny.

When you have plenty of time to savor a wonderful meal and a few extra dollars to spend on the experience, stop at the Joy Bistro. All the positive reviews are dead on!

Cheers!

2 Thank bwt1951
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Delightful Lunch”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

A dear friend wanted to take us out for a nice lunch. We spend the summer in the Boone area, but I hadn't been over to eat in awhile. I checked out TripAdvisor, liked what I read, so we went for lunch. Delicious meal...Tomato soup with roasted peppers, pasta with shrimp, shrimp po'boy, and Portabello sandwich.everyone liked what they ordered. We'll go back!

Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“what a disappointment”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I went here because of tripadvisors rating. i waited one and one-half hours and my entree still was not ready. My husband and I cancelled our entrees, paid for our martinis and appetizer and left very angry and disappointed. We went to Jersey Mike's next door because we were really hungry!
Even the staff apology was luke warm. I have worked in restaurants and I would have been much more apologetic and probably comped the appetizer.

1 Thank Hal S
claudomy, Owner at Joy Bistro, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Hi,
I just wanted to apologize for your experience at our restaurant. We always try to do our best, owever that night....well, everything that could go wrong, did. So, please try us again if you are able, and again, we are sorry!
Thanks,
GC
Boone, North Carolina
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We have eaten here twice and both times the food was wonderfully prepared. We enjoyed the cheese platter with cheeses from around the world with a good bottle of wine. We've had the filet, pan seared scallops and the roasted beet salad and all were very good. We highly reccomend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys great food.

2 Thank hollis22507