“AMAZING!”

Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Who knew you would find a fabulous meal in a strip mall in Boone. The wait staff was wonderful. My wife loved their creative cocktails, and I like the Bourbon selection. The food was wonderful. We had the Rack of Lamb and the Scallops. WOW is all I can say about the Scallops. Great dish. The Lamb was cooked perfectly. You must try the Shrimp app, the sauce is so good.

There are newer reviews for Joy Bistro

Reviewed May 5, 2014

This was the best food we have had on any of our trips in or through N. Carolina. Excellent quality food and service. Came one day for lunch and then came back a few days later for dinner. Both meals were fantastic! Must go if you are in the area!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is by far the best restaurant that we have found in Boone. French/Italian cuisine. Everything that we ordered was delicious. The service was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. Great cocktails, and a good selection of craft beers. We dined outdoors on the front patio, which is adequately screened from the car park and the rest of the strip mall; the indoor ambiance appeared to be very pleasant too. Reservations recommended.

1  Thank PhantomTourist
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I had been waiting for months to try out this gem after hearing time after time from different people how wonderful it is. I finally made it and had such a lovely experience. I was bound and determined to finish every trace on my dish. The staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the farm to table experience that they deliver. Andrea, our waitress, is an enthusiastic delight.

The kitchen’s skill and creativity give the foundation for excellence and the atmosphere that the front of the house staff create, stacks this restaurant to perfection.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

its surprising to find such a fantastic eating experience in such a little, out-of-the-way place. We went there for our 30th wedding anniversary , after not being able to get reservations at more well-known eateries there in town. Food was beyond wonderful! I had duck breast and my husband had arguably the best filet mignon ever. Can't even remember the names of the places we tried to get into that evening, but will be taking our son who is graduating from App State this semester.