“One of the best in the USA” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 141 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American, Italian, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Boone, North Carolina
“One of the best in the USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I have dined there on several occasions and quality and taste are of very high quality and amazingly presented!
There is even a consistency over the years of dining and I was never disappointed! Menu changes as specialty cocktails with the seasons. Service is fantastic and the owners are proud of their achievement and very friendly and helpful!
A definite to go! I give it one of the best of USA!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank KingMarcus

“excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us. The food was excellent. Service was very good. Reservations are suggested.

• Visited May 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Amazing Dining in Boone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We lucked out in that this restaurant was across the street from our hotel and could take us for an early dinner on a Friday night. Started with the puffed pastry filled with Brie. Amazing.... My son, a fairly picky eater had the shrimp and grits and cleaned his plate. My husband had the bacon stuffed filet over mashed potatoes which was awesome. I had the steak bruchetta which was wonderful. Presentation of all items was outstanding. Definitely save room for the flourless chocolate torte. It is to die for. This is the place to eat when you come to Boone!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank DurhamMomof2
“Wow. Rated #1 in my book.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Trip advisor has once again steered me in the right direction. I loved every single element of my dinner. The atmosphere was spot on for the caliber of dining and the servers were extremely professional and knowledgeable about the menu. My sister and I had the Filet mignon and the Pasta Wench Ravioli, both were stunning. My palet was amazed as the flavors were remarkably real and alive. I have never been so pleased. Excellent portion sizes. Small and cozy space so definitely recommend reservations. Chef Melissa is one talented lady. We will be back! Bon appetit!

Boone, North Carolina
“Food was great....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have eaten here many times, but the most recent time was the first since it changed names. The food was excellent, but it was a wee bit strange. It was a Weds. Evening, so no - my friend & I did not make reservations. When we entered, we were asked if we had reservations, which was normal, but when I said no, they made like maybe I should have. Then we were offered one of two tables - one right by the door & the other a tiny one almost on top of another table. We chose the one by the door - but it was winter in Boone - and every time the door opened, we got a big blast of frigid air. We were made to feel like we were not as important as other customers. Yet since we were by the door, there were many who came in without reservations, but they were given better seating options than we were. I was there with a colleague from the university. Like I said - the food was excellent - but when you get this kind of treatment (in a pricey restaurant) it makes you think twice if you plan to return.

• Visited February 2013