“Amazing Dining in Boone”
Review of Joy Bistro

Joy Bistro
Ranked #17 of 153 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We lucked out in that this restaurant was across the street from our hotel and could take us for an early dinner on a Friday night. Started with the puffed pastry filled with Brie. Amazing.... My son, a fairly picky eater had the shrimp and grits and cleaned his plate. My husband had the bacon stuffed filet over mashed potatoes which was awesome. I had the steak bruchetta which was wonderful. Presentation of all items was outstanding. Definitely save room for the flourless chocolate torte. It is to die for. This is the place to eat when you come to Boone!

1  Thank DurhamMomof2

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Trip advisor has once again steered me in the right direction. I loved every single element of my dinner. The atmosphere was spot on for the caliber of dining and the servers were extremely professional and knowledgeable about the menu. My sister and I had the Filet mignon and the Pasta Wench Ravioli, both were stunning. My palet was amazed as the flavors were remarkably real and alive. I have never been so pleased. Excellent portion sizes. Small and cozy space so definitely recommend reservations. Chef Melissa is one talented lady. We will be back! Bon appetit!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have eaten here many times, but the most recent time was the first since it changed names. The food was excellent, but it was a wee bit strange. It was a Weds. Evening, so no - my friend & I did not make reservations. When we entered, we were asked if we had reservations, which was normal, but when I said no, they made like maybe I should have. Then we were offered one of two tables - one right by the door & the other a tiny one almost on top of another table. We chose the one by the door - but it was winter in Boone - and every time the door opened, we got a big blast of frigid air. We were made to feel like we were not as important as other customers. Yet since we were by the door, there were many who came in without reservations, but they were given better seating options than we were. I was there with a colleague from the university. Like I said - the food was excellent - but when you get this kind of treatment (in a pricey restaurant) it makes you think twice if you plan to return.

2  Thank N. J. M
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have a vacation home in the Banner Elk area and make the trip up several times a year. We have tried many many restaurants in Boone, Blowing Rock, Banner Elk, and the surrounding areas over the years. This was our first trip to Joy and it is hands down the best all-around restaurant that we have visited.
The service was outstanding throughout the entire meal. The food was impeccable, and the prices reasonable for the caliber of meal which they provide. Compared to some of the other high end restaurants in the HIgh Country this place is far superior in quality. The dishes are unique and show culinary skill, which many restaurants lack.
Avoid places like Sorrento's, Gamekeeper, and others that fall under the "too much hype and not enough bite" category. If you are looking for a fine dining experience that delivers on all levels, this is the spot. You will not be disappointed with Joy Bistro. We will return again and again as long as the service and food remains as amazing and delicious as it was last night.

4  Thank Dhasek
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Had a great dinner at Joy Bistro recently. Was a pretty quiet night for the restaurant. Lots of great options on the menu. I had the peppered scallops, which was actually the best scallop dish I have ever eaten. Had a pomegranate salad, which was excellent. Service was great, and everyone enjoyed their meals. Full bar available, fairly standard desserts available. Restaurant was located in a strip mall, which was a little disappointing for a place this great, but don't be turned off by the outer appearance!

1  Thank DoctorsK