“The Most Outstanding Restaurant in the High Country”
Review of Joy Bistro

Joy Bistro
Ranked #18 of 150 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Augusta, Georgia
“The Most Outstanding Restaurant in the High Country”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have a vacation home in the Banner Elk area and make the trip up several times a year. We have tried many many restaurants in Boone, Blowing Rock, Banner Elk, and the surrounding areas over the years. This was our first trip to Joy and it is hands down the best all-around restaurant that we have visited.
The service was outstanding throughout the entire meal. The food was impeccable, and the prices reasonable for the caliber of meal which they provide. Compared to some of the other high end restaurants in the HIgh Country this place is far superior in quality. The dishes are unique and show culinary skill, which many restaurants lack.
Avoid places like Sorrento's, Gamekeeper, and others that fall under the "too much hype and not enough bite" category. If you are looking for a fine dining experience that delivers on all levels, this is the spot. You will not be disappointed with Joy Bistro. We will return again and again as long as the service and food remains as amazing and delicious as it was last night.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Dhasek

Asheville, North Carolina
“Local option worth checking out”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Had a great dinner at Joy Bistro recently. Was a pretty quiet night for the restaurant. Lots of great options on the menu. I had the peppered scallops, which was actually the best scallop dish I have ever eaten. Had a pomegranate salad, which was excellent. Service was great, and everyone enjoyed their meals. Full bar available, fairly standard desserts available. Restaurant was located in a strip mall, which was a little disappointing for a place this great, but don't be turned off by the outer appearance!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank DoctorsK
“Delightful evening”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We live in Asheville, NC with its wealth of incredible restaurants, but we love coming to Joy Bistro whenever we can. The food is outstanding with classical French approaches. The service is impeccable and friendly, adding to the enjoyment of the evening. If you are in Boone, do not miss the opportunity to dine here. We will be back soon.

Boone, North Carolina, United States
“A Must Dine, Foodie or not”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

What a gem, this is a beautiful spot, trendy decor, upscale with fresh local food on the menu. Did I mention the wine selection? I really don't have enough space here to go into a plate by plate detail of why I enjoy it here. The servers are professional and ready to handle every request with a smile, the tables are set well and when one sits down, there is an air of excitement for what's to come. If the weather is nice, be sure to experience mangiare al di fuori (eating outside) on their lovely outdoor veranda. The owners have gone to great lengths to purchase many local products, so fresh is not even a question.

Do I love it that the Chef is a woman? Yes. Yes I do. The flavors and pairings presented in the sauces for both entrees and appetizers speak volumes for her experience with all things gourmet. The lighting is just right, and the jazz on Tuesday nights is a cool treat with dinner. For a special occasion or just a quiet dinner out I highly recommend Joy Bistro, and don't miss the dessert and espresso with a lemon twist. I hear the ravioli isn't bad either.

• Visited November 2012
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“Surprise!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Joy Bistro has always been one of our very favorite restaurants with it's wonderful warm atmosphere and varied menu. My surprise was, for some reason, I've never order the filet mignon. Guess I thought, "wait for a steakhouse". Suprise again?? My husband and I both got the filet on our anniversary and it was the best! A wonderful rich sauce, boursin cheese mashed potatoes and lovely local vegetable (love the tiny round carrots). Try the Cashel blue cheese and pear salad as a starter. The bar offerings are pretty good too!!

• Visited November 2012