“Culinary escape in the mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Joy Bistro

Joy Bistro
Ranked #12 of 148 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Culinary escape in the mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I were in Boone for the weekend with my son (HS sr) looking at App U. We took time for ourselves for dinner and were delighted with Joy Bistro...simple from the outside, simply great inside. Recommend reservations. great sevice combined with interesting and visually appealing menu choices. Portion sizes generous so my wife and I split appetizer, salad, entree and dessert...all choices were above average.

• Visited August 2012

Kitty Hawk
“clean, concise, beautiful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I am a big foodie, and this little hole in the wall bistro did not disappoint. Nice atmosphere, great waiter & delicious food. Everything was cooked to perfection. Make sure to make a reservation, they fill up quick & like any quality chef, they will not sacrifice the quality of food to fit more diners in!

• Visited September 2012
North Carolina
“Simply Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

This wonderful restaurant is an unexpected gem in a tourist town. The minute you step in the door the wonderful aromas start your mouth watering. We made reservations that afternoon and our table was ready on time. The service was friendly and efficient. The food was excellent with the courses paced nicely for a leisurely evening. All of our dishes were very good. If I lived in Boone I would be eating there as often as I could. If you are looking for the perfect restaurant to spend that one special evening together during your vacation, this is it.

• Visited September 2012
Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Melt in your mouth Filet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Amazing food:) I had the filet and it was wonderful!!
I highly recommend this place! Glad we found this place- just sad it wasnt until our last night of vacation!

• Visited July 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
“A gem in mining country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great little gem in Boone...good wine list and even better menu...I tried it the first night in town and it was packed...but, at the suggestion of a helpful employee, made a reservation for the next night and am I glad I did....the night I dined the restaurant offerred a special of lamb chops....first, they were cooked to perfection...and as good as I've had anywhere...service was great...the waitress said they even have folks who get notified by email when they are going to be serving lamb chops...my only thought was maybe that's a clue it should be a daily menu offerring, but I'm no expert on marketing so maybe there is some other reason for the email list....for a great meal in the mountains that isn't bar-b-que, this is a special place.

Visited August 2012