“A good place to eat breakfast or lunch in Boone”

Melanie's Food Fantasy
Ranked #5 of 152 Restaurants in Boone
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Melanie's is a tradition in downtown Boone serving breakfast and lunch seven days a week. We source all of our bread, eggs and burgers locally as well as other items when we can. We have an eclectic and creative menu serving food made from scratch. We are sensitive to vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diners. Now open evening hours with a new small plate menu, Booneshine beer on draft and wine by the glass. Come see us Thur-Sat evenings and enjoy a drink and a bite to eat on our beautiful deck while you watch the hustle and bustle of downtown Boone.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We were on our way to "Our Daily Bread," our usual lunch place when in Boone; however, it was gorgeous weather and we wanted to be outdoors. Melanie's has a large outdoor dining area. Breakfast at lunch is a favorite. The server was very nice. My husband ordered an omelet which was very good. It came with toast and home fries. Also good. I had poached eggs. Delicious and done perfectly with grits, toast, and Canadian bacon. All delicious. Everything is fresh local. The coffee was really amazing. Prices were very reasonable, as well. We will go back.

There are newer reviews for Melanie's Food Fantasy

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Very fun place with lots of interesting food and the vibe is like healthy bohemian stoner. No trip to Boone should be permitted w/o stopping in at Melanie's

1  Thank lilmrsR
Reviewed July 24, 2014

When we go to Boone, we always make sure to have breakfast at Melanie's. They serve a great French Toast that is prepared with a special kind of bread they make at the restaurant. I usually opt for the Multi-Grain Pancakes. They're the best MG Pancakes I've ever had. The one suggestion I would make is that they do not serve Sausage - only Soy-Sage and (real) Bacon. I try to be open minded and tried the Soy-Sage once, but it didn't fulfill the way real Sausage does. The Bacon is an acceptable replacement though, so I definitely love Melanie's enough that the "Sausage Situation" won't deter me from returning. I look forward to returning. Great staff too. Please keep doing what you are doing.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Tried because of the reviews. Thought the food was expensive for breakfast and was just OK. Service was OK too. The best part of experience was the location and patio.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Melanie's never fails at delivering quality breakfast. Everything I have had there has been delicious and the atmosphere is cute and quaint. I know the breakfast places get slammed, but the staff doesn't seem very attentive, especially to tables that aren't theirs, even if the guests are looking around like lost hush puppies. Staff could be nicer with less attitude!

StickBoyBread, Owner at Melanie's Food Fantasy, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2015

Hi - Foodforpleasure

Thanks for the honest review. We are working with our servers on some of the issues you mentioned and strive to do better. They do generally try to help each other, especially on filing drinks and such. Hot days and a hot kitchen can make for some tough days but our staff should know how to get through it without attitude. Thanks for pointing that out and I hope you'll give us another chance for our service to match the food.

Carson Coatney, Owner