“Best meal ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Melanie's Food Fantasy
Ranked #5 of 148 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Melanie's is a tradition in downtown Boone serving breakfast and lunch seven days a week. We source all of our bread, eggs and burgers locally as well as other items when we can. We have an eclectic and creative menu serving food made from scratch. We are sensitive to vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diners. Now open evening hours with a new small plate menu, Booneshine beer on draft and wine by the glass. Come see us Thur-Sat evenings and enjoy a drink and a bite to eat on our beautiful deck while you watch the hustle and bustle of downtown Boone.
Boone, North Carolina
“Best meal ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

OMG. I have eaten at Melanies bunches of times but this one took the cake. 8/18/2013 They had a special of Avocado Benedict and I truly believe that was one of the top meals of my life. EVERY SINGLE BITE AND ITEM WAS PERFECT! The staff was as always great but the food this time was the kind of meal you would ask for as your last meal. Much love to you guys and thanks for being local.

• Visited August 2013

• Indonesian first
Olympia, Washington
“Yum - delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We drove to Boone early in the morning looking for a nice breakfast, we wondered into Melane's and ordered a delicious breakfast. We were very pleased with our meal - eat outside and had great service. The food was very good and presentation great.

• Visited July 2013
Morrisville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Locally Sourced Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We visited Melanie's after a weekend of camping in the Boone area. We got there right as the place opened on Sunday morning (8:30am) and were seated immediately. The place is adorable - feels like you're sitting in someone's country kitchen.

One friend and I had the sweet tea, which we loved. It was fresh from good quality tea and not too sweet. Don't order if you're expecting Bojangles-like tea! Another friend had the coffee which she said was very good.

The food was overall great and well presented. My friend's over medium eggs were perfectly cooked and the home fries are the best I've ever had! I had the quiche of the day. It was good, not great. My husband ordered the Southwestern breakfast special with eggs, chirizo, beans, etc. It was amazing.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Nor for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

While waiting for my wife to shop, I did a local search on Trip Advisor and discovered a recommended restaurant directly across the street from where I was waiting. I should have perused the menu more closely before going since this place sells mostly vegetarian and vegan foods such as Tempeh and Soy. This is not our favorite. There was outdoor seating along the main street for people-watching on a nice day.

There were, however, choices. We started with raspberry flavored un-sweet tea which was excellent. My wife had the Eggplant and Tomato Sandwich ($6.99) while I ordered a medium Burger ($7.25) which could have served as a hockey puck. I should have known better than to order meat in a vegetarian restaurant but the Jamaican Slaw served with the burger was really good, I also enjoyed some of my wife’s homefries.

This restaurant is downtown Boone and we were quite lucky to find a parking place. We were first-time visitors so were not aware of any public parking lots in the vicinity.

I was disappointed in our selection of a restaurant with so many fine dining establishments in the area but it was my fault for not screening the menu beforehand. I am only giving it 3 stars due to the overcooked burger but I suspect my wife would give it 4 stars if she were writing the review.

• Visited July 2013
Geneva, Florida
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We ate breakfast at Melanie's while visiting the Boone area. We chose to eat outside (the patio is covered by umbrellas) since it was a nice, cool morning for June. It was nice watching the people walk and taking in the sights of the street. Our food arrived promptly and was delicious. I had an omelette with a homemade biscuit, bacon, and home fries (some of the best home fries I have had). My father had an egg with toast and a bacon. The egg and bacon was cooked exactly to order. If there was a drawback, the coffee wasn't the best, but not horrible either. So, I still give the restaurant five stars and recommend it to anyone visiting The Boone area. K

Visited July 2013