“Amazing breakfast/brunch but expect to wait!”

Melanie's Food Fantasy
Ranked #5 of 148 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Melanie's is a tradition in downtown Boone serving breakfast and lunch seven days a week. We source all of our bread, eggs and burgers locally as well as other items when we can. We have an eclectic and creative menu serving food made from scratch. We are sensitive to vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diners. Now open evening hours with a new small plate menu, Booneshine beer on draft and wine by the glass. Come see us Thur-Sat evenings and enjoy a drink and a bite to eat on our beautiful deck while you watch the hustle and bustle of downtown Boone.
Apex, North Carolina
“Amazing breakfast/brunch but expect to wait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I rave about the stuffed french toast I got at Melanie's to everyone. I got it last fall and I still remember how amazing it was. I think it was one of the best things I've ever eaten in my entire life - it was THAT good!!! So you cannot go wrong with the stuffed french toast!

I do remember us having to wait for quite a long time for brunch on a Sunday. I thought it was nice that they had a little table with cups and coffee so you could grab a little cup of coffee while you wait. The atmosphere of Melanie's reminds me of a cute, little cottage - there are mismatched cups at each table and you just get the feel that you are at someone's place that is going to fix you a really tasty meal, which you definitely get here!

As I mentioned above, I got the stuffed french toast. I can't remember what the rest of my family got, but I think they liked their food too. More about the stuffed french toast...it was the most rich, creamy, delicious, fresh, amazing french toast I've ever eaten. I can't say enough good things about it!!! Everything at Melanie's seemed to be fresh, local, and high quality. That made all the difference. You know that what you are eating is the best it can be. I highly recommend Melanie's to anyone who wants a good breakfast. Just expect to wait for a while to get a table, and then to get your food. But use that time to catch up with the people you go with. I think there were a couple of people there that brought their laptops or books and were enjoying that over a cup of coffee and some good food.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Josie A

• Indonesian first
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Eat here for breakfast, but be prepared to wait.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

The breakfasts are very good here (this was not my first visit). So that was why, despite arriving at 10 am on a Sunday morning, we had to wait 45 min outdoors for a table, while enduring Boone's complementary cold and damp October weather. We didn't mind; the diner's umbrellas kept us dry, and we were warmed by the "free-while-you-wait" coffee. Once inside, our orders were taken immediately; the drinks came quickly, but because they were so busy the food took a little while. We ordered pancakes; they were large and delicious. This is definitely a great place to eat breakfast. If I were forced to offer one quibble, it would be that there is only one bathroom.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank PhantomTourist
“One of the best places in Boone for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Melanie's is a great little place to get a fantastic breakfast. Great food and wonderful service. I will definitely be back for more.

Daytona Beach, Florida
“Delicious local organic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Upon our arrival to the mountains with hungry tummies this was an unexpected surprise. We seated right away even with a full house and once we looked at the menu and noticed they were cooking up food from the local farms we picked the perfect spot. Go here you won't regret it.

Kitty Hawk
“Soooo yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

There is a wonderful variety of choices for breakfast lunch on the menu. Everything we tried was fabulous & they even offer gluten-free bread. They are very busy, so be prepared to wait a bit for a table and for your food, but it's not unbearably long & worth the wait! Loved it!

• Visited September 2012