“Old School Good”
Review of Hilltop Drive Inn

Hilltop Drive Inn
Ranked #90 of 153 Restaurants in Boone
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place has been open and serving awesome food forever. Good Burgers, fries, milkshakes, everything.

1  Thank BeerFoodNaps

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

They got the cheeseburger sub..it's just what it sounds like 3 patties on a sub roll with cheese..amazing..great little burger joint for a college town!

1  Thank 220friend
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hilltop is a relic and I hope it stays that way. The food is average, and the prices are like everything....too high, but I'd rather support a local place. I love the decor. It's straight out of, well, when they purchased it probably. It's old, but appropriate. They have car hop service and good specials. I did notice that a banana split is $6.50! I was recently wondering what a split goes for these days. I'll tell you, though. It is a real banana split. I had a snack burger sub, and the meat was tasty, the chili and slaw home made, and it was actually very good, except they used a sub roll that was one of those that you are supposed to heat in the oven to brown it (I think, anyway) and they steamed it, so it was really doughy and not good at all. Had they toasted the bun it would have been just fine. Fries were hot and crisp. Iced tea was awesome. Milkshakes are $2.00 on Fridays, and they give discounts to students certain days. Always a discount if you wear your Hilltop t-shirt. It's a campy little place, and places like that won't be around much longer. I take my son to make the memories. Call ahead with your order if you can. Speeds it up considerably.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been here before and had a decent burger. This time I ordered the fish. Fries were good. That's were it ended. The tiny piece of fish was hiding in a huge lump of soft greasy batter. I didn't get any actual fish until about the 5th bite. At that point I was throughly disgusted. Ate the fries. Threw the rest away.

Karen W, Owner at Hilltop Drive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2016

sorry your visit with us was "not so good". I am the owner and the cook and I have never had any problems with our fish in the whole 21 years I have owned Hill Top. But we are not known for the fish . We are very well known for our burgers and hot dogs and milkshakes! So if you are in the area please stop by and give those a try. Hill Top has been around since the 1920's but has been in my family since 1958! We take pride in that. So if your food wasn't what you wanted we would have been glad to make it better with something else or a cash refund. We aim to please.
Thanks,
Karen Wood
Owner
Cook
Manager

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The burgers are average at best and the prices are like going to a chain set down. The meat was dry and the drinks were watered down.