“Small but Great”

Cuisines: Seafood
Reidville
“Small but Great”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

While visiting my aunt in the NC mountains she took me to this very small restaurant for lunch. I was so skeptical at first. I'm not much of a seafood eater but I chose the flounder fillet lunch special ( 3 good portions). OMG....I am so glad I did!! The flounder did not have the fried taste....if it had any batter on it at all you could not tell it by the taste. This was the best fish I have ever eaten!! And the homemade hushpuppies....These too get the OMG...for their taste!! They were so good, I could have just had them alone!! The slaw & French fries were also good. So don't be lead away by the outside appearance of this little place...the food is amazing as was the service!! The serve was fast, food hot & delicious, price very reasonable!! So if you are anywhere Boone, NC you should stop by, you will not be disappointed!! I can not wait to go back!!!!

• Visited May 2014

Clayton, NC
“Good fish, small portion”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I had ocean perch for lunch. $8.75 for 2 pieces of perch, 3 1/2" long alone with the usual hush puppies, potato & slaw. Fish was good breading not excessive or greasy. Slaw is finely chopped and not over sweet. Just wish there was one more piece of perch.

Loudon, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than the beach”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and i ate at Mikes last week and all I can say is "WHAT A MEAL! " As a frequent visitor to the beach I'd like to think that I know a little about seafood, and this was some of the best I've ever eaten anywhere. Food was fresh, batter on it was exceptional, and there was pleanty of it. We live about 31/2 hours away and we would drive here just to eat some GREAT seafood. We will be back.

• Visited October 2013
Deep Gap, North Carolina
“Average seafood”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I like eating here but they have the only seafood place in town. Its a bit pricy but worth it once in a while. Food is usually served quickly and brought hot. The servers are always pleasant and owner and hostess are super nice also. Hushpuppies are great here.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank 49078Jimmy
Boone, North Carolina
“Great Seafood in the mountains”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Out of the way location where the locals eat when they want good seafood. We met Jim the chef/owner, he was great as well as the friendly staff. We had the butterfly shrimp, and the flounder, the servings were huge food great and the hush-puppies are the best. The food was excellent, I will return!

• Visited August 2013