“An absolute delight!”
Review of Vidalia

Vidalia
Ranked #6 of 153 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Upscale casual dining specializing in creative American cuisine focusing on local/regional cuisine and products. Extensive wine and specialty beer lists including mixed beverages.
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

On a birthday get away to Deep Gap NC we decided to try Vidalia's.
We had been river rafting and were hungry! The service and quality of food was outstanding. I tried the spicy bison sausage egg roll and it was one of the best tasting items I have ever eaten. My husband loved his meatloaf and my chicken and dumplings were sublime. We loved watching the Chefs prepare the food. I will return whenever I get out this way. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

My husband and I read all the great reviews and decided to drive the hour and a half to arrive in time for lunch...the waitress was very friendly and service time was fairly good. I ordered the Mac-n- cheese which was very delicious. My husband ordered the trout sandwich with homemade chips and slaw..........the serving size of the piece of fish on the toasted French bread was soooo thin , it must have been sliced by a deli meat cutter....it was wafer thin!!!

This is not a portion size for any adult...especially a man....however my husband thought it was tasty for the tiny serving....He was very unhappy with this and left hungry. Don't know if we will be back.....Maybe if we knew they would give an adequate portion for the price....Sorry, because I would have liked to give a great review.

1  Thank Patti J
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My husband and I happened on Vidalia's by accident as we were wandering around Boone, NC one Saturday evening in early June of this year. We, of course, had no reservations, and were told the only seating available was at the bar. This turned out to be most fortuitous as we then had a front row seat to witness the preparation of the most amazing food ever. Everything on this creative menu is made from scratch and the taste reflects the quality and care we saw going into every dish. The wait staff was prompt and professional being able to suggest wine and beer pairings with our food that were spot on. This little gem in the High Country is not to be missed.

2  Thank JudeM285
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Ate there a few nights ago and decided to come in here and leave yet again a stellar review. I have eaten here well over 100 times since they have opened and I have never ben served anything but perfection.

I am so amazed by the Audacity of a local none the less to trash this place the way this review below just did. I am appalled, shocked, loss for words!

I have met both the chef and his wife (several time) and find it very hard to believe what is said about him, Sam is temperamental! Ha! He is the most quiet, genuine good guy you will ever meet and his wife the host and sometimes waitress is by far the sweetest thing in town.

Shame on you locals for trashing such a stellar establishment. I hope other reviewers dismiss this mistaken view of this wonderful place and give it a try. It's an amazing place with amazing food and although over the years I have had a few weird waiters, that never stopped me from going back time and time again!

1  Thank StableStabler
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Wow! What an amazing Dinner we had at Vidalia! As a starter, we had the truffle fries (delicious), a vidalia salad (delicious) and for entrees the BBQ and the Chicken and waffles( to die for). This is a Southern eclectic gourmet and is a must go there place. The drink menu was great and the service friendly and fast. We were too stuffed for dessert but the menu sounded amazing. This is a must place to eat while in the High Country!!!!!!!

1  Thank AM25DN29