“YUMMY!”
Review of Vidalia

Vidalia
Ranked #5 of 156 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Upscale casual dining specializing in creative American cuisine focusing on local/regional cuisine and products. Extensive wine and specialty beer lists including mixed beverages.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We ate here on a recommendation of a local. It was delicious. You must have the onion ring appetizer! I had shrimp and grits and my husband had a burger for entree. We left the restaurant very pleased!

1  Thank tinamarieMcCalla_AL

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is so delicious and a lot of it comes from local farms. It's a smaller place so it has a very personal atomosphere. Definitely a good place to go for a special occasion

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My parents have owned a home in the High Country for over 15 years and in that time we've been to just about every restaurant around. Some have come and gone, others have simply repeated the same menu for 15 years. So when we decided to try Vidalia based on reading reviews on TripAdvisor we didn't have the highest of expectations.

It's hard to believe food this good and prepared so well could be found in Boone, NC. Well, it's really not that hard, it's just been a long time coming.

We had two great salads and I really enjoyed the chicken and waffles. Service was great and very friendly, considering we had our baby with us. The open kitchen is full of young chefs working hard and doing well. Menu provided a lot of options and not the typical sort. And the prices are incredible. Given the other dining options in town, there just isn't any debate that Vidalia is the best value for the quality.

We both walked out saying that we would be content going to Vidalia every time we went to the mountains, which is generally 5-6 times a year.

2  Thank mgustafs
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

My first visit here was the most impromptu unplanned visit and ultimately it has been the best of the 3. My husband and I went with no reservations and sat the bar overlooking the sous chefs. Food and service fantastic and we both felt our money was well spent. The 2 consecutive visits (the most recent and where most of my qualms comes from occured when I was hoping to treat my mother in law visiting from England to a good meal and give her something to write home about since reported not having had a decent meal in the states yet) were very similar both with poor service and food average for paying over $100 for food and drinks. Made reservations on Saturday nights. As a reservation I shouldn't have to stand in the entry way with open tables visible and then have the waitress speak with me hurriedly then point to my table and we seat ourselves. Additionally it should not take 15mins to get drink orders and add another 10 for apps. Further more she was barely present the entire meal doing hostessing, serving, ordering, busing tables, and re setting tables. Only 2 waitresses working...there were more people in the kitchen! As for the environment (and it may be my fault of poor time choices) but every time (all 3 visits- the 1st i was so mezmorized by the kitchen i didnt pay much attention) I go here on Friday or Saturday night there seems to be a large party of more than 8-10 people absolutely dominating the atmosphere with loud chatter, laughter, and general disrespect for the other patrons who are paying good money and are sharing the small space with them. I really don't think they should allow people to have birthday celebrations in such a small space otherwise we should all been invited as well. As for the food it is good dont get me wrong. It does have that going for it but it has an identity crisis. In my mind it seems polar opposite to serve Asian inspired dishes such as ahi tuna on the same menu as fried chicken and waffles, and fried green tomatoes. Additionally the pricing for spirits needs to be addresses. As a predinner cocktail all I wanted was a grey goose martini. I was informed (thank god!) by the waitress I could order that but it was cost $19!!!!!! This was bc it was a "double". I didn't want a double nor did I want to be carried out so she did mention I could get a a "smaller" size for $12 but did not specify whether or not I could have a regular martini size... The terms used was "it will be small with only a little vodka in it". This is absolutely unacceptable unless your philosophy is to cater to the large grouos sucking the life out of your dining room. I have NEVER paid that price even when living in downtown Chicago and when i did pay over that it was at trump tower! Bottom line I'm not impressed and not going back and not recommending anyone go there. Not a good value for your money and the service is not well managed- leaving 2 girls to sort out an entire dining room is sad. I wanted to believe the hype about this place but there are far more worthy venues in the high country to spend your money.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We decided to eat here before an appalacian state basketball game so came early on a wed night. Our server was sweet and personable, we had the fried green tomatoes as an appetizer which were delicious... For dinner my son and hudband. Had
D the fried chicken and waffles..they were in heaven! They still have not stopped talking about what a succulent dish it was! I had a cheeseburger that was juicy and cooked perfectly. The coup was the dessert.. Fried twinkies with chocolate saiuce and vanilla ice cream..so delicious we ate every last bite!! Great evening!!! Would go back in a second!!