“Awesome evening.. Delicious food”
Review of Vidalia

Vidalia
Ranked #7 of 156 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Upscale casual dining specializing in creative American cuisine focusing on local/regional cuisine and products. Extensive wine and specialty beer lists including mixed beverages.
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We decided to eat here before an appalacian state basketball game so came early on a wed night. Our server was sweet and personable, we had the fried green tomatoes as an appetizer which were delicious... For dinner my son and hudband. Had
D the fried chicken and waffles..they were in heaven! They still have not stopped talking about what a succulent dish it was! I had a cheeseburger that was juicy and cooked perfectly. The coup was the dessert.. Fried twinkies with chocolate saiuce and vanilla ice cream..so delicious we ate every last bite!! Great evening!!! Would go back in a second!!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I found Vidalia a few months back and even though we live over 40 minutes away, we have visited the restaurant numerous times since then. The food and atmosphere are wonderful, and as a result we have brought over a dozen friends and family members with us to the restaurant on different occasions.

The same two servers are waiting tables each time we visit, and after our last visit, we will be sure to request only one of these ladies as our server in the future. The other has been rude to us and our guests on two different occasions now and literally ruined our last visit because of how unkind she was to our guests who were visiting the restaurant for the first (and unquestionably the last) time.

Although we enjoy the food, one more bad experience with the waitstaff will likely keep us from returning to Vidalia in the future. I truly hope the management will pay more attention to how their servers treat their customers.

1  Thank M G
Reviewed January 31, 2013

So the menu is very interesting--mostly twists on Southern classics. Restaurant itself is small and just a cool space. Located downtown near ASU. I had the chicken and waffles, and the piece of chicken was one of the best pieces of fried chicken I've had in a long time/waffles were decent. My wife had a smoked soup, which was great as well.

The restaurant wasn't very crowded that evening, but our waitress wasn't that great. Service was slow. Biggest complaint was that my food came out fairly cold--don't think the heat lamps were able to keep the broccolini warm long enough.

Overall, prices were very reasonable, and there were a lot of interesting entrees on the menu. Place just wasn't trying that hard to please that night though, so overall I couldn't give it 5. Probably more like a 3.5 than 4.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have enjoyed dinner,lunch,and brunch at Vidalla.The food is excellent,service superb,and the environment is warm.The value is good. Many of the dishes are made with fresh local ingredients.The soups are especially good,as are the chicken dishes and the local country ham and eggs make a very good brunch dish.Can't wait to get back to the high country!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

While visiting Boone, North Carolina my sister and her husband took us to Vidalia. Actually we had reservations, I think you have to. It is a very small place. A little upscale for my tastes but the food was very good. My husband ordered chicken & waffles! Seemed strange item on their menu but they took it to the next level and made it really good. I ordered shrimp & grits and was pleased. I would go back again if we are able. A little pricey.