“The go to place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico
“The go to place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We eat here a few times a month. The food is always fresh and hot. The service is always quick and friendly. I like to go for lunch, the price is affordable and you get plenty to eat.

• Visited October 2012

Apex, North Carolina
“Average Japanese food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Went here for dinner the other night. Me and my two friends walked in and were immediately helped to our table. All of the dinner entrees come with a salad and a cup of soup. For the salad you have the option of shrimp or ginger "sauce" as the dressing. The salad and soup were nothing great - just something to eat before the main plate comes. The salad is just lettuce with the "sauce" you wanted and the soup just tastes like beef broth. Again, nothing special.

The dinner entrees include vegetable, teriyaki or hibachi chicken, teriyaki or hibachi steak, etc. They all come with fried rice, cooked carrots, and a side of shrimp sauce. Our food came pretty quickly (there weren't many people in the restaurant though - it was snowy, windy and cold outside). I ordered the teriyaki chicken, which was pretty tasty. It had a milk teriyaki taste, but was fine with me. The fried rice didn't contain any vegetables - it was just rice. The carrots were fine - pretty sweet, so if you like sweet, cooked carrots then you will love them.

I ordered a water and the teriyaki chicken dinner entree and, with the tip, my meal came out to $10. So that isn't bad, but you are just paying for average Japanese food. I'm not sure if I'd go back...maybe for lunch when you can get the same thing a couple dollars cheaper? Actually I don't know if I'd even go then.

• Visited October 2012
Plymouth, NC
“Good Food and Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

While in Boone last weekend, my husband and I decided to try the Hokkaido Japanese Restaurant based on some local reviews. When we got there, it was not crowded and we were seated immediately. The server was very quick to come get our drink orders and returned quickly to take our orders. We both ordered hibachi steak. Before the main course, they brought out the soup, which was nothing more than broth, but not much different from other Japanese restaurants we have eaten at. The salad with the shrimp sauce was very fresh and tasty. The steak arrived with cooked carrots and rice. All of the food was cooked well and was tasty. While not the greatest Japanese restaurant we have eaten at, we were very satisfied with the food, service and the price. Our meal was slightly less thatn $20 and we had more than enough to eat.

• Visited July 2012
Boone, North Carolina
“decent Japanese food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Not bad, but I suggest Makoto's if you're going for quality food.

Visited March 2012
Texas
“entree okay-soup tasteless”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Good for students-lots of food for money. Otherwise, just okay. Soup had no taste at all. Could not even taste broth. Steak overcooked.

• Visited October 2011