“second return we expected a great steak not so much this time”

Peddler Steak House
Ranked #33 of 154 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Here at The Peddler Steak House it is all about the steak! At The Peddler Steakhouse, you will see your Ribeye custom cut right at your table! The Ribeye is The Peddler's signature steak and is always cooked to perfection! If you are not in a Ribeye kind of mood, the Peddler steak house offers a variety of beef. Everything from slow cooked Prime Rib to succulent "cut with your fork" filets. The Peddler also offers a variety of other selections like seafood, an extensive salad bar, and a light eaters menu.
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We decided this year to celebrate our anniversaries together and knew from previous experience The Peddler would be the perfect place. Our waitress was very attending although we really wanted to see the peddler isn't that the whole reason why people go there?? The manager came over to take our orders so we thought all was well. Each of us ordered the peddler steak which there well known for. It was by far the fattiest piece of meat we have ever eaten. Our bill totalled over $200 for the 5 of us. This was a very special day for my sister and I as we celebrated our anniversary together. After this experience I know we will never be returning.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Several folks recommended The Peddler's restauraunt for a good steak. Wow,disappointing! The sald bar was averge, the steaks were not very good. Their own description had medium they way we like our steaks as pink in the middle. We were both served medium rare, blood red in the middle and this is all they do. Let me add my N.Y. strip was also fatty. They are not open for lunch or breakfast. It was also expensive! We dropped over $80(just two of us). and that was with no alcoholic beverages. The building and decor is dated. You want a great steak in this area drive up to Beech Mountain and order the filet mignon at Jackalopes. Also pricey but worth every penny..

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived we were very surprised by the outside appearance (because we knew it was not an inexpensive restaurant), it looked like a hole in the wall-type restaurant. When we went inside, it was very unattractive. There is rustic and then there was this. But, that is where the negatives stop! The service was the best I have ever experienced! The food was pricey (as expected), but it was all perfect! I ordered a half portion of king crab legs to share with my husband and we each got steaks. I loved the fact that the crab legs were split for you, made them easier to eat. The steaks wer cooked perfectly and were of high quality. The salad bar was very good and the French onion soup was very good.

I would recommend this restaurant to others and will definitely be going again. I just wish they would update their decor a little.

1  Thank Barbara P
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My wife and I recently traveled to Boone NC in part to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. Arriving at our hotel we were looking for a nice restaurant and I have to say we found a great one in the Peddler Steak House. It started with a call for reservations and directions to the restaurant. The individual was very friendly and gave excellent directions from our hotel. When we arrived at the restaurant we were met by very friendly, well trained, and professional staff. Our waitress (Jennifer) and Peddler (Ben) were top notch and demonstrated the highest caliber of service and personalities; they went beyond what one could expect. The food was served perfectly, as ordered, and was of highest quality; including the salad bar. Thank you so much for making our first night in Boone such a great experience of hospitality, superior food, and impeccable service! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

1  Thank Rod M
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Ordered a filet, medium . Came to table well done. Said to waiter that it was overcooked. Waiter argued and said it was overcast that day and that was what made it look that way. I refused to pay for that ruined piece of meat. Was not offered another steak. Charged for salad bar. Hope it was worth it to them. Will never return.

1  Thank beachbum045