“Lately Dissapointed!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Well...I used to be a fan of Mountain House when i was going to school in Boone when it was located on 321 but ever since they have moved the food has been sub-par and the wait staff has often been unpleasent, not all staff but some. It just isnt the same. I try to support local businesses and had always told my self that i would stick withthem when Cracker Barrel took there place on 321 but i just cant do it anymore. Sorry Moutnain House it is time for us to go our seperate ways.

1  Thank JeremyN86
There are newer reviews for Mountain House Restaurant

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

A total waste of money. The service is terrible, portions are small, amd everything is from a can. I could do that at home for.a fraction of the price.

1  Thank sandcmom
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Ate lunch here today with my two kids and we ate every bite! The kids chicken tenders were from scratch, not frozen, the fries looked good (wouldn't share), and my okra, green beans, collard greens, biscuit (seemed also to be from scratch) were delicious! They need to sautee their squash instead of frying it - yuck. I will be back! Love good southern cooked veggies. Wide variety too.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The vegetables were average. The menu should have said French fries with a very small piece of fried catfish. They were out of several items listed on the menu. Our server was excellent and very apologetic. The atmosphere is what you would expect. The vegetables were reasonably priced but French fries (cat fish) were expensive!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a busy spot, especially for breakfast. Typical fare, including a local favorite, I am assuming, called Livermush. I didn't try it. I thought the coffee was among the most bitter and disappointing I have had at a restaurant.