“Average food, bitter coffee”
Review of Mountain House Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a busy spot, especially for breakfast. Typical fare, including a local favorite, I am assuming, called Livermush. I didn't try it. I thought the coffee was among the most bitter and disappointing I have had at a restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Mountain House Restaurant

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This restaurant gets mixed reviews from us. Some fried items, chicken and squash, were very greasy. Other vegetables, slaw and greens, we're tasty and we enjoyed them. We had to ask for different bread as the ones first served to us were cold and dry.

1  Thank Judith K
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Nice decor. Good food and friendly service. The kids loved the chicken fingers. Very good pancakes. Easy to park and get to location near the move theatre in Boone.

2  Thank lisa c
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The food is well prepared and plentiful. The service could have been better - server forgot to bring requested items. Food was not hot and plates were cold. I suggested that plates be heated prior to serving. A friend ate there a couple of days later and said this was done and was a vast improvement. Looking forward to experiencing this for myself.
Stay tuned.......

Reviewed March 24, 2013

If they did not change locations i would have given them a 5 star.their new location is prety average and not rustic like their old location.