“Good food, well served”
Review of The Red Onion Cafe

The Red Onion Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
The Red Onion Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 156 Restaurants in Boone
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Red Onion is a local restaurant that has been serving the High Country across from Appalachian State for over 30 years. Our menu ranges from lunch time favorites to local delicacies and exquisite entrees. With a wonderful waitstaff customer satisfaction is always our top priority and we promise you a meal you will feel good about.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

When we want to go to a good, reliable place in Boone, we go to the Red Onion. The pizzas are always topped with fresh ingredients and the dough is tasty. The veggie burger is really good and the soups are always on target. Oh, and the service has never let us down.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We went there for "date night" even my husband agreed it was some of the worst food we'd had. We both had the lasagna, the pasta was tough & the cheese was burned.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had a group of a variety of ages. We did make a reservation and got there early. We were pleasantly surprised that the table was all ready for us. We ordered a variety of foods, and everything was delicious. I had the salmon dish and loved it. The Tuscan chicken as great as well. The pizza was surprisingly good too. Given the variety of the menu, I expected fairly mediocre food. I would definitely go again.

The service as good, not terrific. We had a little delay in getting all the food out to the table, but given the larger sized group, it wasn't too bad.

The atmosphere was pleasant. A little mixed impression coming in, but once inside the staff was friendly, and everything was comfortable.

Overall, I would say it was fairly priced given how much we enjoyed the dinner.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had the Scottish salmon with the lemon poppy seed dressing. The fish was cooked perfectly and was served on a bed of fresh spinach and romaine lettuce . It also had pecans and goat cheese. Very nice! My friend had the grilled chicken Asian salad and since he ate everything except the bowl it was served, I assume he was happy.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Onion rings were just ok, and I think the French onion soup gave my wife and I the runs. I really wanted to like this place, but grit/dirt in the soup and stomachaches are cause for a health inspection. Can't recommend this place.