“Edible delights”
Review of The Red Onion Cafe

The Red Onion Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
The Red Onion Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 154 Restaurants in Boone
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Red Onion is a local restaurant that has been serving the High Country across from Appalachian State for over 30 years. Our menu ranges from lunch time favorites to local delicacies and exquisite entrees. With a wonderful waitstaff customer satisfaction is always our top priority and we promise you a meal you will feel good about.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Quiet atmosphere with great food and a friendly staff. One of the staff actually takes the time to educate guest on little known sites such as Howards knob.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I live in Blowing Rock and always enjoy my monthly visits to the Red Onion. I especially love the outdoor seating. I would say Red Onion is a great restaurant for anyone on vacation in the Boone/ Blowing Rock area. The location is unbeatable!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We ordered the artichoke dip and pizzas. The dip was excellent and loved the pizza crust. Ambience was very good - we sat in the patio and even though it overlooks the parking lot, I preferred the outside seating.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had their Grilled Chicken Salad and was very pleased with the portion and freshness. I'll eat there again on my next trip to Boone. Paul

1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed August 7, 2012

So many delicious homemade items - traditional fare and some choices for the more adventurous appetite, too. We had excellent service. I highly recommend this restaurant!