“Wonderful Stay - Engagement Weekend - Feb. 2012”
Review of Lovill House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boone
Lovill House Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Boone B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This place is wonderful! The Inn was beautiful, the breakfast was delectable, the room was outstanding, but best of all, were the innkeepers Scott and Anne.
I made plans to propose to my fiancée in the NC Mountains sometime in early 2012. After thoroughly searching around the web and asking for recommendations, I decided to give the Lovill House Inn a call. I called the inn later into the evening on a Wednesday night and Scott answered. I told him my plans and from the beginning, he was very helpful and jovial. Quickly into our call, I knew this was the place. Scott and I concocted our plans and over the next few weeks, he helped me make our wonderful weekend happen.

Later into a Friday evening, we arrived at the inn and Scott gave us a wonderful tour. During the tour, we were taken in by the beautiful house. He made us feel right at home and helped us to our room. We both loved the place right away.
Both weekend mornings, Anne prepared a scrumptious breakfast. There were plenty of options and we left full and happy.

Scott and Anne are incredibly interesting and have many wonderful stories to share. They encourage guests to meet and great. They treat everyone with respect and provide outstanding customer service. Both provided my fiancée and me with great advice and tips about the area.

We look forward to our next visit back to the Inn for the wonderful time as well as to see our friends Scott and Anne.

-Jack Michel

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JSMichel

Reviewed April 17, 2012

What a wonderful weekend. The Inn is beautiful and Scott and Anne are lovely Innkeepers. We arrived late, but it was no problem for them. They made us feel welcome right away. The room was comfortable and clean and the grounds are beautiful. We decided to come back and enjoy the Inn one day instead of run around the town. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TomandJo11
Reviewed March 29, 2012

anytime visiting the High Country, we stay at Lovill House. there is not place better in Blowing Rock, Banner Elk or anywhere close. The owners Scott and Anne are always friendly and welcoming. The rooms are spotless and the breakfasts are yummy. Anne is always willing to make adjustments for dietary restrictions. Scott is helpful with great recommendations. WE have recommended Lovill House to friends and are always delighted to hear the positive feedback when they return. We love Lovill House and we love Scott and Anne!

Room Tip: there is not a bad room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank onemtnlvr
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Having been to Boone many times, I was looking for somewhere different to enjoy a weekend of rest and relaxation. I found exactly that at the Lovill House Inn! Upon arrival I was tense and worn out; however after experiencing an in-room massage and simple R&R on the inn grounds, I left feeling energized. From the beautiful flowers just beginning to bloom to the peaceful hammock in the yard to the delicious breakfast each morning, I absolutely loved my weekend. Scott and Anne are a delightful couple that leave no detail ignored. The Lovill House Inn is a MUST when staying in Boone!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Chelsea S
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Having a daughter at ASU, we have stayed in many of the chain hotels in Boone. The Lovill House Inn was a welcome change! The owners, Scott and Anne, could not have been nicer. The room was very comfortable and clean and breakfast was very good. Bed was very comfortable. And there is a beautiful waterfall on the property. During nice weather, one could walk down King Street into Boone and to the University.
If I had to make a suggestion, it would maybe be to add some light snacks in the kitchen (water, soft drinks, wine and beer are available) and this is extremely picky, but the coffee could have been a little hotter. But the food was very good, and Anne accommodated our dietary requests.
I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: One room is downstairs by the front door.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Recently my husband and I booked 5 days at the beautiful Lovill House, in Boone, N.C. This Bed and Breakfast had wonderful reviews so we were not surprised that our stay was so much
more enjoyable than we anticipated. Our room and bath were immaculate and furnished so
tastefully. So very homey coming down to a roaring fire in the fireplace to have our coffee and
converse with some of the other guests. At 8:30 am a little bell rings to announce that breakfast is ready and what a wonderful breakfast they all were. Anne and Scott are there to
answer all your questions about the town and surrounding areas and extend themselves to make your experience with them wonderful. Vicky E

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We very much liked the house, our room, and the owners. The rooms are beautifully done. And, they have spaciousness. Scott and Anne make a real effort to think of making a stay there pleasurable. We would definitely return there if we can- and perhaps hit some warm enough weather to use one of the rockers on the huge porch!

Emily W

Room Tip: The rooms all looked nice. Depends on bed size one wants. We were in LInville room and it had a king...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock
#6 of 18 in Boone
Sleep Inn Boone
Sleep Inn Boone
#5 of 18 in Boone

Been to Lovill House Inn? Share your experiences!