“Love, Love, Love this restruant!”

Makoto's Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar
Ranked #34 of 151 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Boone's original Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar since 1981. Makoto's is the Best Tasting Show in Town! Watch our chefs perform their culinary magic tableside or for a more intimate dining experience, dine in our Sushi Bar. Enjoy the views of our Japanese garden from every table.No reservations. Full ABC permits. Visa, MC, Amex, Discover cards accepted. No personal checks. Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Dinner (Open Christmas Eve Lunch 11:00-2:00), Christmas Day.
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Love, Love, Love this restruant!”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Amazing food, amazing atmosphere, amazing chefs. Worth the price, it's not exactly cheap, but it's worth it!

Wilmington, North Carolina
“It was pretty good.”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

My family & I dined here the last time we visited Boone, & could not wait to return. It was pretty good this time, but my husband's filet was a bit tough. My biggest complaint was about the kids' meals. We ordered the fried chicken skewers, but instead, the chef cooked my kids a complete hibachi chicken dish which we were charged $3 more for, & it was not what we ordered. My youngest is extremely picky, & would not touch it. Our local Japanese steakhouse here in Wilmington is much better!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I would drive hours to eat here.”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Makoto's is my absolute favorite place for sushi. I used to live in Boone and would eat at Makoto's for their japanese or for sushi at least 3 out of 4 weeks. Now that I live an hour away I still drive up the mountain to eat at Makoto's at least once a month. I have traveled all over the US and even Hawaii and their sushi is comparable, if not better, to New York City & Maui. If sushi is not your style, then their table show & japanese food is delightful! I have never had a bad meal at Makotos, definitely a must go!

Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“gratuity not included”
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Contrary to popular beleif, e.g., the beleifs I see expressed on this page, gratuity is not included for Makoto's servers. There is a 15% service charge, however, it is shared three ways; chefs receive 9%, bussers 1%, and servers only receive 5%. Who only leaves their server 5%, espeically if they are serving ten people at once and still do a great job!!! As a result of exceptional service, I left my server enough to make their tip 15%. However, had I not asked, I would have shorted this individual just as it seems you all did. Food was great, chefs were great. Go for the georgie roll!

1 Thank foooood
Osceola, NC
“Great experience if it's in your budget”
Reviewed October 17, 2009

Makoto was not cheap, but the food was excellent. My wife and I ordered some of the less expensive dishes but still paid almost $50 for one drink and two entrees. (Keep in mind they include the gratuity on every ticket.) But if you have a little money to spend or if you want a special treat - the food was some of the best Japanese we've had in a while, and the service was very good.