“Excellent!!”

Ranked #30 of 156 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Boone's original Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar since 1981. Makoto's is the Best Tasting Show in Town! Watch our chefs perform their culinary magic tableside or for a more intimate dining experience, dine in our Sushi Bar. Enjoy the views of our Japanese garden from every table.No reservations. Full ABC permits. Visa, MC, Amex, Discover cards accepted. No personal checks. Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Dinner (Open Christmas Eve Lunch 11:00-2:00), Christmas Day.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is by far my favorite restaurant and I cant wait to go back again! The restaurant was clean and we were greeted with a huge smile when we walked in the door. I would highly recommend Makotos to anyone that enjoys good food, a good show, and a friendly staff! I cant wait to go back again!!

gwendhing, Owner at Makoto's Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about your dining experience. We appreciate you taking a moment to give us your thoughts and we are pleased that you are excited to return again. Let us know when you will be coming back as our staff will be pleased to serve you.

Gwen Dhing
Owner

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Pros
Good service
Shared plates
Decent food
Beer special

Cons
Sat by kitchen door - noisy - listened to waiter arguing with chef
Habachi table was dirty and old
Menus were sticky
Can't order sushi at hibachi table
Rice was dry and burnt
No good specials
Waiter service station was cluttered and dirty
Floors were covered in food

Place needs a good cleaning

1  Thank NewportJen
gwendhing, Owner at Makoto's Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your review. Good or bad, we take every review to heart. I am sorry that you had a horrible experience at my restaurant. I would love for you to contact me via email at makotosboone@gmail.com. We strive to turn a bad experience into a good experience. I look forward to hearing from you.

Gwen Dhing
Owner

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Took my wife to eat here for her birthday, it was great!!! Excellent service, very friendly waiter. Hibachi tables were great and entertaining. ABUNDANT FOOD! My wife loved it, she was really happy, recommended!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your excellent experience at my restaurant. In this day and age, it is refreshing that folks can actually go out and enjoy themselves. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Always a great place to go. Great food and chefs are friendly and fun. Family friendly. Has a sushi bar. Close to shopping, Blowing Rock, Tweetsie Railroad...

gwendhing, Owner at Makoto's Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for the nice compliment. We strive to offer excellent food and excellent service in fun atmosphere. We are so glad you enjoy dining with us.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I fondly remember eating at Makoto's back in the mid-to-late 1980's when I was a student at ASU. Always a good treat and the food always good. I now take my family here at least once or twice a year when passing through Boone. I look forward to our next trip here!