“Horrible Service!!”

Ranked #31 of 154 Restaurants in Boone
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The food at Peppers is great. My husband and I have eaten here for more than 20 years. I love the salad bar. However, I just got up and walked out due to the snottiness of the server. I was seated and had to wait for 15 minutes to see my server. She was busy getting drinks and orders from the people that came in after us. When she did come over and I said I had been ready, I got an eye roll; she stuck her tongue in her cheek, flipped the menu off the table and pranced off. Very well, I love Macadoo's too.

1  Thank NCProud

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Hard to locate this restaurant following GPS instructions. It's located in a shopping center and not at a street address. We arrived late on a Sunday night. Service was good and food was Ok. Few people there at this time of night and probably not a fair time for an evaluation of food quality. Nice salad bar.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Pepper's has been around FOR-EVER! Locals love it and that tells you much. They have couple signature sandwiches, the Jean Lawson is a true favorite and lip smacking good. I have been eating there for over 30 years. Longevity also speaks volumes. Do wish the place a bit more seating. I don't wait generally over 20 - 30 minutes for a seat and sometimes (fall and summers) the wait is ridiculous. Again, speaks to the quality. Since I'm local to area, I can always come back and enjoy at other times. So not such a big deal for me. During high traffic times, go early or late for either lunch or dinner. (11:15 - 11:45 am for early lunch, 1:30 - 2 pm for late lunch; 5 pm for early dinner or 8 pm for late dinner). Good choice when in the High Country.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

They have lots of great things on the menu, but their french onion soup is to die for. It's so cheesy that they give you scissors to cut the cheese string from your spoon. Their desserts are very good as well. They have a great carrot cake.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We come to Boone every Fall, and because the shrimp and grits was so good 3 years ago we made it a tradition to stop in for our first meal each trip. Last year our service was not up to par, slow and not very attentive. However, this time our server totally disappeared! We would have enjoyed another pint of porter, had he bothered to check on us. We never saw a check. We finally went to the checkout and the girl up front rang us out! Horrible start to our vacation. Sunrise Grill from now on! And the "salad bar" consists of wilted iceberg and macaroni salad. Ick.

1  Thank Candy M