“good casual food, but noisy”
Review of Macado's

Macado's
Ranked #44 of 154 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 1, 2014

this chain delivers pretty well and pretty consistently. this place was no exception. i'd rather have unplugged the "music" but i reckon that's a price to be paid for being in a college town.

my "build your own" sandwich was better than any i've had recently and the price was quite reasonable. i'd return in a heartbeat -- although with ear plugs.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Some restaurants try to offer more than they can deliver and unfortunately, Macado's is one of them. The menu includes an extensive selection of combination deli sandwiches, a few entrees and a few panini sandwiches. Of the four items we ordered, the barbecue chicken flatbread on the summer menu was the best and most flavorful. The Irish Nachos which are based on waffle cut potatoes instead of nacho chips was disappointing. The chips were soggy, the chili sparse and the canned cheese sauce lacked flavor. The chicken Mac and cheese was likewise a disappointment. Several strips of dry chicken meat were atop a dull macaroni and cheese.

On the positive side, the restaurant is known for their warm cream cheese iced cinnamon roll for dessert and this was very well done. Macado's would be well served to cut the choices on the menu in half, or less, and do those items really well.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Busy lunch hour forced us into this uncrowded (should have been my first clue) restaurant on King Street...I like dive bar atmospheres but this place was just plain dirty. I sat down in a booth with my family and my legs stuck to the seat; I literally had to peel them off and went to the hostess to ask for a wet rag to wipe down the booth. Instead of offering to wipe it down for me, the hostess handed me a (dirty) dry rag and walked away. After cleaning my booth we noticed our feet also sticking to the floor. That would be OK if the food had been good but it was horrible. My chicken sandwich wrap had a big ridge of that yellow fat along the edge and aside from that just didn't taste good...the bag of chips was the highlight. I could not wait to get out there. I felt like I needed a shower. I also did not care for the strong cinnamon roll smell that wafted thru the place the entire time. They are apparently a big seller but not what I wanted to smell while trying to eat lunch. I would never go back there, but the waitress was very pleasant. :)

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I have visited this particular Macado's several times and I am overwhelmed by the menu choices. Whether you are in the mood for deli sandwiches or burgers, they never disappoint. Personally I like either the Brooklyn Bridge or the Coney Island deli sandwiches. And when you go don't forget to try on of the delicious cinnamon rolls (they are to die for). Just don't order extra icing, I made that mistake before and I wasn't as good. Overall Macado's is a great place to visit while in Boone! :)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Macado's serves average pub fare. I had a reuben which was dry. Our son had teriaki chicken wings; the sauce was so salty they were barely edible. Our server was pre-occupied watching a basketball game on the many TV's and our food was not hot when it was delivered. I think it sat at the ktichen window for awhile. Had to request refills on drinks. I recommend skipping this one.