“Good Sandwiches and Beer”
Review of Macado's

Macado's
Ranked #46 of 153 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Macado's has been around since I was a student at App over 25 years ago. I have eaten here hundreds of times over the years. My favorite is the Doc Watson sandwich. Macado's has a nice bar area and usually has beer specials. The bar will be packed with students on Thur, Fri and Sat nights but that's not so bad. They usually just ignore the old folks. I recommend Macado's over any of the other chain restaurants in Boone.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were out leaf peeping and decided to stop in Boone for lunch. We looked around for a non-chain restaurant (not easy in this college town), and finally spotted Macado's. (Unknown to us at the time, this is a chain restaurant.) We got a table right away and started looking over the menu. So many choices! And they all looked so good! I got a Carpetbagger--sliced steak, lettuce, tomato, mayo, melted cheddar and 1000 island dressing on a French roll and it was delicious! My partner had the Big Daddy which was also good. We commented a few more times that afternoon about how good the sandwiches were. A great find as far as we were concerned. Yum!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I seem to be at odds with the majority of reviews here....first they tried to seat us at a table that was a whirlygig...shifted, bowed, moved like a helicopter...then they tried seating two more groups there...all refused....you'd think they get a clue.....my sandwich, the Ziegfeld was great but the other 3 meals were barely average....then my waitress just shrugged her shoulders when I asked why the french onion soup had no crouton/bread and no cheese on top....nothing. One of our party got a look at the kitchen and was compelled to ask about their health department inspection score...scary....all while a couple at a nearby table were refusing to pay for some aspect of their meal. Sorry 4 star reviewers, but I'd take a pass here in future

1  Thank matapeake
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I am always delighted to see when an establishment heeds the concerns of its customers. When I had visited last May, this restaurant was going downhill - especially in the cleanliness department. Since I love Macado's and have a long "on-again, off-again" history, I gave them another try. I am so very happy I did... The restaurant was clean, the food was back to its wonderful tastiness and customer service was great, as well. I will, once again, visit and recommend this restaurant. Good job, Macado's!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great casual dining and fun atomosphere. The menu is huge, almost a little overwhelming. They're sandwiches are great and my favorite is their signature cinnamon rolls. We always have to get some of those to go. They're huge and I'm sure loaded with calories, but worth it!