“Great Food!”

Joe's Italian Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: BREAKING NEW!!! After 14 years of serving food on paper plates and plastic baskets Joe's has gone to "DISHES" We offer a Salumeria (deli) style Italian dinning with sandwiches, pizza and entrees. You order at the counter and the food is served. Our family style restaurant offers family recipes that go back to Italy for over 100yrs.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I took my girlfriend here on our first date back in college in 2004.
Now we have three precious children and have been married eight years.
We went back this month to celebrate our anniversary.
The food is as good now as it was then. A must try!!!

1  Thank Mark K
Joseph1949, Owner at Joe's Italian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Mark it was a real treat to see you, your wife and the kids. Thanks for celebrating your anniversary with us, Joe

Reviewed August 29, 2013

A great menu with lot's of choices and fair priced. I love the New York Deli feel, as well, the great food you receive. Joe's deserts knock me off my diet wagon all the time! Try any meal and you will be amazed at the quality for the price. O.M.G. The Napoleons are to die for- I just wish Joe could remove the calories. TRY IT YOU'LL LOVE IT!

Jeff always good to see you at Joe's thanks for your continuing support, Joe

Reviewed August 20, 2013

In the High Country, in my opinion, this is No.1 ! Fresh, is the key! The Marinara Sauce is made from an old family recipe, Mozzarella di Bufala is made by Joe, in house along with other specialities like the hot or sweet sausage, meatballs, tuna and chicken salad and etc. Too many outstanding choices to write in one review.

I cannot seem to pass up the Eggplant Parmesan. All fresh and I know it after the first bite. This past visit, I did manage to try the Chicken Parmesan and it was excellent. I enjoyed a Caesar Salad with a delicious in-house made dressing.

Oh, the deserts! Most, if not all, are again family recipes and made like only a true Italian will make them--- from scratch. I have tasted several with all of us ordering different choices. I personally think the Cannoli's are amazing. Tiramisu, Italian Cheesecake and Death by Chocolate are other perfect ways to end a dining experience.

I have actually eaten Joe's Italian food in three ways. In Joe's Kitchen where you order at the counter and sit down. Trattoria style in simple surroundings. Great for lunch or if you are in a hurry. Our last dinner was in Joe's Jazzed up. White table cloths, comfortable and attractive atmosphere, excellent service and the feel of a "dressed-up" trattoria. Loved it. Some evenings there is music. Check the schedule for that plus.The service was outstanding. My husband had many beers to choose from and the wine list list was one of the best in the area. I have also, during bad weather, ordered from Joe's and had Boone Take Out deliver my dinner.

I find there is nothing more tempting than a delicious, freshly made Italian meaI. I love pasta of just about any description. Joe's is outstanding! We are fortunate to have such high quality choice in our community.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is a "No Service" restaurant! You order from menus stacked at the counter, pay for the food, get your own utensils, as one does in a fast food joint. The tables are small, adorned with a big roll of paper towels and not cleaned between customers. There were 5 of use crowded around a table, we had to clean the table ourselves. Two of use received food first, three of use received our food 30 minutes later. Wine is served in a tiny 3 oz. OJ size glass, food is served in baskets and paper plates. There is no wait staff. Had we not already paid for our food, we would have gone elsewhere. Food was only fair and not cheap. I have lived here 16 yrs. and this is the worst dinning experience I have had here.

Joseph1949, Owner at Joe's Italian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

It’s VERY apparent when you walk in the door there is no wait service and you order at the counter. If you wanted to be waited on we built a fine dining restaurant right next door. Our concept for 13 YEARS has been good, family prepared food, the recipes are over 100 years old and go back to Italy. We never intended to be a sit down restaurant but that is what it became, you order at the counter and we bring it to you. You don’t have to clean your own tables, but you can. Tables are usually cleaned between customers, but it never seems to fail where a new customer will sit a dirty table before it gets clean.
I can’t explain the 30 minute wait but we try VERY hard to get multiple orders on the same table to order together and we mark each order “SAME TABLE” so there isn’t that problem, but in our case it was, I’m sorry.
Wine in a Italian family is traditional severed in a juice glass, and our glass is 5 ounce glass, again we do have wine goblets on the fine dining side and we would have be happy to give you one if you would have asked.
We have been here for 13 years and you are not the first person to make a negative comment about the paper plates. BUT we were never supposed to be a sit down restaurant it was designed as a Salumeria, which is an Italian delicatessen. All the delicatessen stuff is now gone; thanks to the big supermarkets. And soon ALL the little restaurants like Joe’s will be gone too, because of all the chain restaurants that have filled the main drag in this town.
I, Joe, personally work in the restaurant I come in about 6:30 AM and work 10 to 15 hours a day, 6 days a week. If you have a problem, why not bring it to my attention. Why do you think it’s okay to air your feelings on a website like this?

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Greeted very warmly when entering the casual/restaurant deli. We ordered a Stromboli with a variety of Italian meat & cheeses. They were very accommodating in preparing our food for us to go for our road trip. The food is very tasty, authentic & good quality. I highly recommend stopping by for a casual bite or pizza to go!

They do have a white table cloth restaurant attached to the deli. It's not always open so you have to check ahead of time to see if the restaurant side is open if you prefer that type of atmosphere. They do take reservations.