“Neat Place”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were staying at the motel next door and decided to walk over and check this place out. Old fashioned style diner. 50's styled memorabilia. Looks cool. The menu was standard diner fare with 50-60's stylized names. We selected a burger and a reuben. The food and service were above what I would consider average. Like another reviewer stated, the place could be a little cleaner but it's not horrible. We liked it and will probably return the next time we are in the area.

There are newer reviews for Troy's 105 Diner

Reviewed September 2, 2013

WE went to Troy's 105 for a fast weekend lunch. The place was dirty and the food was below average. My hamburger was over cooked and they brought my wife the wrong menu item (the waitress was not paying attention) so when she received the correct meal, I was almost finished with my lunch. The cost is reasonable however there is no reason for the place to be dirty. Far far far better off at Eat Crow in Banner Elk or just about anywhere else.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were traveling from our son's home in Tennesee to Greensboro,NC. We were looking for something to eat. We passed Troy's Diner and decided to try it. They were very friendly. The bathrooms were very clean. Also as people would leave they didn't just wipe the table. They cleaned the table, wiped the seats. And they had a girl cleaning the windows all along. Maybe it was window cleaning day, but it impressed me. And the food was great. Not to long to get our order. And I didn't have to wave my hand to get drink refills. The young man was on the spot. So if you are in the area and need to eat. Stop here.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We have eaten there several times, and it was always good. Homemade milkshakes are very good. So are the french fries and hamburgers. Not the cheapest place in town for a burger and a shake, but the best.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We miss the diners that we had enjoyed while residents of New Jersey, so were very pleased to have found this one in Boone for breakfast. The menu was typical diner with lots of choices and the food quite good.

My wife and I both had the breakfast special consisting of 2 eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast ($6.00). Everything was cooked to perfection, arrived hot and tasted great. All-in-all a very pleasant experience and if in the neighborhood, we would visit again.