“Better meal than I had at the Gamekeeper”

The Table at Crestwood
Reserve with OpenTable
The Table at Crestwood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 154 Restaurants in Boone
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Table at Crestwood is a restaurant of distinction. Our menu is a creative mix of Southern fare with a European touch. The Table at Crestwood’s spectacular views will captivate you and your guests while you enjoy terrace and fireside dining. We offer great food, sunsets and an unforgettable experience. The Table is a loved restaurant destination for residents in Blowing Rock and travelers alike.
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We were extremely surprised and pleased with our meal. There were many options available that were not on the online menu including a meal special that was an appetizer, a salad, entree and dessert for $52. The salad that was including was delicious and served in a cucumber bowl. The trout mousse and chow chow appetizer was incredible- our server made the recommendation to mix the two together and wow! The lamb with risotto and carmelized cantelope was a surprisingly perfect mix of flavors- best meal I have EVER had. My husband's pork tenderloin was a little dry, but he still rated his meal better than the Gamekeeper. The location is perfect and ideal with an amazing view. We could not have had a better night!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My friend and I went to Table to enjoy the sunset and have pleasant drinks and dinner on the lovely patio. The sunset brought applause from all there. Unfortunately, the food and service didn't deserve one clap. Our server didn't know what the house scotch was. There were no bar nibbles available to go with our predinner drinks. I could not eat the salad I ordered due to very bitter greens and awful tasing tomatoes. They could not serve the scallop risotto on the menu because they did not have scallops. They offered to substitute shrimp. I accepted the offer. The risotto was server wth 4 shrimp for $38. The risotto was sticky and shrimp overcooked. Definitely not a $38 entree. I cannot remember what my friend had other than she did not enjoy hers either. For dessert we decided to split Krspy Kreme bread pudding. Ugh!! Nothing more than a glazed Krispy Kreme doughnut with sauce on it. Our server was obviously a beginner. She did not ask if there was something wrong with the food when most was returned uneaten. I would say that good mamagement is definitely absent here. Too bad, as Table has the best view in the area.

If you want to see the sunset, just grab a couple of chairs and order drinks. Skip the food.

1  Thank Blackhawk-Hardware
Reviewed November 6, 2010

we eat several meals at the table at crestwood. the entrees were excellent, and the service was noteworthy. the highlight of our dining was dessert, including ice cream made by their fabulous chef. the cheerwine selection was especially scrumptious!!

Reviewed September 5, 2010

Our seafood pasta had two shrimp, a lonely scallop and a tiny piece of lobster......all for $29 a plate. The waiter forgot where our table was. Bad experience and our last at this restaurant

2  Thank pksnc
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My boyfriend and I vacation in the area regularly and dined here over Memorial Day weekend. We were extremely disappointed. The only thing nice I can say is that the dining room has a great view. The food was absolutely terrible. We got the caprese salad to start. The "heirloom" tomato was worse that what you get in most chain grocery stores this time of year and the pesto must have come out of a can. This is not a diffult dish to make, and theirs was aweful. At the recommendation of our server, we then had the scallop as a second appetizer. There were literally two scallops on the plate, one of which was the size of a nickel. We actually laughed at it when it came out. They should be embarrassed to serve such a dish. We both had filet, ordered rare and medium rare. They both came out well done. We had pretty much given up on the food at this point. After we had eaten, our server (who was very nice) offered us a free desert since she notice neither one of our steaks was cooked correctly. We declined. We complained about the scallops and it was obvious our steaks were not remotely what we had asked for, yet we never saw a manager and were charged for everything. I would never go back. It was almost insulting that they felt they could pass off such mediocre fare at the very high prices they charge.

If you are looking for good restaurants in the area in this price range, try Best Cellar, Gamekeeper or Artisenal. We wished we had revisted one of these instead of trying something new.

2  Thank AnnainAtlanta