“great hotel”

Sleep Inn Boone
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Boone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Never stayed at a Sleep Inn, pleasantly suprised. Very happy with all aspects of stay. Good stop while traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Natasha T, General Manager at Sleep Inn Boone, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel and would like to inform you that we have made many renovations since, as well as being under new management. We hope to exceed your expectations again during your next visit to Boone!

Reviewed August 11, 2010

This was a wonderful hotel. The staff were friendly and accommodating, the room was clean and the breakfast was great! We traveled with 2 young children and found that the pools and game room were a huge hit during our downtime. The kids loved that they could have an apple or a cookie (free) any time of day or night. The fountain outside was beautiful as was the mountain view from our 3rd floor window! I would (and already have) highly recommend this hotel if you are planning a trip to Boone. The drive to Tweetsie Railroad and Mystery Hill was less than 5 minutes and The Blowing Rock was only about a 15 minute drive. And at less than $70/night, why not visit the N.C. Mountains!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 3, 2010

I came in for a friends wedding and i was in a hurry and just wanted to get ready for the rehearsal. I went into the hotel room and notice a sour smell. It was not pleasant at all. We decided to leave the next morning instead of staying two nights at prepaid for. when I came back to the hotel, I called downstairs to make sure it would be okay with them if we left early, they told me there would be no problem. When I went down the morning of the wedding everything was fine and they told me that they were putting money back on my debit card. However when I got home much to my surprise they had charged me for 3 nights instead of one and then when I tried to talk to them about it, they told me they had done there jobs and there was nothing they could do. So now instead of being a normal person I am having to dispute the charges at the bank and fight with them about their mistakes and they wont take any responsibility. The people are nice until you have a problem. I wouldnt go to them ever again. I dont care how good the deal is.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank upsetcollegestudent1

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It is through feedback such as yours that we were able to improve our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your first stay. However, we would like to inform you that we have made many renovations as well as being under new management. We would love for you to let us show you during your next visit to Boone!

Reviewed July 12, 2010

The staff was great and this is an okay hotel if you are staying one night. Here are the things that I did not like: when we first arrived there was what seemed to be pubic hair on the shower walls and on the toilet. When we were leaving and making sure we didn't leave anything behind, we found dirty socks under the bed. Our room was supposed to be non-smoking but that was the first thing I smelled when stepping off the elevator. They have smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor..Also I like to swim and the outdoor pool and the indoor pool they share with laquinta were tiny and crowded. This hotel in my opinion was not worth $159 +tax for one night.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 23, 2010

The first and second floors are said to be non-smoking. In reality they are not because you can smell smoke in the hallway and it blows into your non-smoking room through the bathroom vents! The vents don't ventilate out, they blow in. Duh.
We were there for multiple nights. The staff let us change rooms to get away from the smoke on the non-smoking floor we were on but it was no use.
They do not seem to enforce a no-smoking rule and some of their staff themselves are smokers, smoking right outside the front door and right outside the door of the breakfast room! It's no wonder that their policy is so lax.

We have stayed there several times since they first opened in 2007. It used to be a nice hotel at a decent price but it's gone downhill already. Besides the smoking problem, housekeeping seems to have an aversion to cleaning floors. The carpet and bathroom floors weren't well cleaned in either room we stayed in.

Also, if you are a light sleeper, be aware that the air conditioner cycles on and off all night when it's running.

Sleep Inn will send you a survey after your stay. There is not much room for written comments. I guess they don't really want to hear it. Plust they do not respond to your replies. I guess they don't really care.

The best things in this hotel are the free Otis Spunkmeyer cookies and the one nice breakfast lady that we had on some mornings. Also the location which is near 2 highways in and out of town.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Goose007

Reviewed May 30, 2010

The hotel was a little strange because you have to enter beside a car dealership. When we first arrived and were given a room we noticed upon entering the room that it kinda smelled like cigarettes. We promptly headed back to the service desk and were reassigned another room that was just fine. The room was clean and had a few nice touches (granite in bath, wi-fi, microwave and mini fridge) The only negative would have to be the bed was pretty firm and my back was hurting in the morning but my husband liked the firm bed. Also the walls were pretty thin. Late in the night I could hear the person in the next room snoring and earlier I could hear him talking to his kids. The breakfast was okay and typical for a continental breakfast. I think the placement of the waffle machine was not well thought out because the traffic flow was not good when a bunch of people wanted to use it. Overall it was clean, updated and the staff were nice.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 29, 2010

The hotel was a great value. It's new and nicely decorated. Our room was clean except for the bathroom. We noticed the shower still had soap and shampoo from the previous guest. When we told the front desk they said, "Really? Sorry". After returning to the hotel later we were asked if everything in our room was fine and we again commented on the shower. The response was "I'll let housekeeping know in the morning". At check out we were asked AGAIN how our stay was and we relayed the 2 conversations. They were very very apologetic and compensated us on a portion of our night's stay. The breakfast was a simple breakfast bar but everything was fresh and nicely displayed. Overall a nice place and I would stay again, but definately check the bathroom!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple