“nice and clean”

Sleep Inn Boone
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Boone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Never should have removed the fridge and microwave from the rooms, other than that the rooms a very nice for the price. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was not bad but fresh hot items would be better than micro rudys farm but overall was very pleased with stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
sleepinnfdm, Manager at Sleep Inn Boone, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. We agree that the fridge and microwaves should be available in our rooms. This decision was, unfortunately, out of our hands.

On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for recognizing our helpfulness and friendliness. We strive towards this each and every day.

We hope to see you back with us again!

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I have always stayed at the sleep inn chain. This Boone NC location was clean and well staffed. A little confusing on the microwave and fridge issue as this room did not have one. Sign is hard to see so make sure you turn in beside the Subaru Car Dealership. Overall excellent stay and would suggest this property to others.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank deputy1996

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our Sleep Inn as your hotel while you were in Boone. On behalf of our entire staff, we appreciate your comments on your review.

The microwave and refrigerators are no longer available in our rooms, and all websites should be reflecting this change. I apologize for the confusion regarding this, and we are working towards bringing that amenity back to our hotel.

Thank you again for your great review and we hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

FILTHY showers toilets bathroom with hair everywhere!Even on the sheets!I had to clean this room AFTER we switched rooms!Dog food trash was found behind the bed along with toys! I CLEANED the room and found all of this and was accused of having a dog in the room I was charged AFTER WE LEFT on my cc for a false accusation it was mine? I am HIGHLY allergic to & can NOT be around dogs- must have a toddler as well because toys were also found in my room. "Mgr." Carmello accused me of this over the phone yelling at me and then hung up on me! There was NO animals in my room, or at my private home nor was there any small kids brought in my room or at my private home. Get a clue lady!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank HotelMysteryGuest
sleepinnfdm, Manager at Sleep Inn Boone, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear guest,
I am sorry you had an unpleasant experience during your stay. It appears that there were several miscommunications during and after your visit with us.
We continue to work towards providing each and every guest a pleasant experience.
Carmella Galipo

Reviewed November 29, 2013

My family stayed here for the Thanksgiving holiday. We have stayed here a handful of times before. The two rooms we received were not cleaned properly to begin with. There was pubic hair all over our shower. ( was obviously not cleaned between guests), our floor was not vacuumed recently as there were a lot of stuff(Kleenex, lint, dirt) on the floor. We also did not receive a fridge in our room contrary to their website. After the first night we left the Hotel at 10am to return to our rooms at 4pm. The room was not touched by the staff. When we asked why, we were told that the house keeper left at 9:30am so we did not leave in time for service that day. The desk person came to our rooms and replenished our towels and removed our trash only. the next day we requested that the linens in one of our rooms to be changed due to spilling hot chocolate on the bed. When we returned to our rooms we found that not only did the staff fail yet again on a simple request, they also left our wet towels on the floor in the room. They actually made the bed with hot chocolate all over the linens still. When we asked the female manager on duty that conveniently did not have a name tag, about this issue she was not apologetic. She actually appeared to be bothered by our complaint. I can not believe this hotel is actually run like this. I will not stay here again. I am sure the manager will respond with the usual canned response, but to all who read this. STAY AWAY FROM SLEEP INN BOONE, NC There are many choices here in Boone. There is no need to deal with this level of incompetency.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel. Save yourself!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Atique A
sleepinnfdm, Manager at Sleep Inn Boone, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear guest,
We are sorry to hear that you felt your stay was inadequate. Although the holiday weekend was at high occupancy, your room should have been attended to properly.
I have dealt with the housekeeping staff regarding the poor condition of your room during your stay, however, I do want to address some of the other issues you have mentioned.
There is nowhere on our website that describes a refrigerator in the rooms. The mini fridge and microwaves have been taken out temporarily, and all websites have been updated with this information.
Additionally, I did apologize to you for the inconsistent service, and your request was taken care of immediately. It appears that your complaints are isolated incidents during Thanksgiving weekend.
I would hope that our guests realize this is a rare situation, and that our hotel strives towards excellence in both room condition and staff performance.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
sleepinnfdm, Manager at Sleep Inn Boone, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We decided to take a last minute trip to Boone so we booked this hotel as we usually do when visiting this particular area. It has always been a safe bet, and this trip held true to that as well. Nothing too fancy, very reasonable prices (especially on a home football game weekend), nice quiet hotel in a very good location. The check-in/out process was pretty painless and the staff is always very friendly. The room was nice and spacious – it was clean with the exception of a used washcloth hanging over the shower rail, but that was it. The continental breakfast is just that – a couple kinds of cold/hot cereal, juices, waffles, microwave sausage biscuits, danishes/muffins, toast and fruit. Not fancy, just enough to get in and out without buying breakfast somewhere. Overall a great stay and we will certainly be back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
sleepinnfdm, Manager at Sleep Inn Boone, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear traveler,
Your review is greatly appreciated. On behalf of the entire team here at the Sleep Inn, we want to say "thank you", and invite you back again.
This is the excellence our staff strives for on a daily basis, and we are encouraged by your review.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I checked in after 8:00 pm and told the only 2 rooms were next to or across from the Ice and vending section this was my first disappointment. When I opened the door to the room there was no fridge in the room as it stated on the web site and I need this for medications that must be kept cold. This problem was solved be the night desk clerk who delivered one to us in a matter of minutes. On day 2 when we woke up both my wife and I had major headaches and stuffed noses as we looked around the room we saw dust on the base of the desk chair the base of the floor lamp and the top of the headboard as well as lint old Kleenex scraps on the floor. I spoke to the front desk and asked them to clean the room, however after working all day and getting back to my room at 9:00pm not only had anything been done the dirty wet washcloth were still in the shower and there were no cups or coffee in the room. I again spoke to the night clerk and I dusted the room with the dirty washcloths. Again on the 3rd day after working an 9 hour day we came back to a never cleaned floor the same dirty washcloths again spoke to the apologetic front desk clerk. If I had not paid in advance at this hotel months prior I would have left after the first night. As a long time choice hotel rewards member this is the worst property in the chain and I will never stay here again even though I am in this area 4 times a year for between 3 to 5 days a year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear traveler,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. In order to provide 100% quality satisfaction, we appreciate all comments, whether negative or positive.
Our staff continues to strive towards the 100% goal, and make necessary adjustments in each department in order to achieve this.
Please accept my apology for the issues you faced while staying with us. I can assure you an excellent stay should you decide to come back and give us another chance.
Please feel free to contact me anytime.