“Great getaway!”

Sleep Inn Boone
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Boone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Very friendly desk staff (Alex was great!!), very nice room, and good breakfast. Shared the parking lot with La Quinta and you CAN use the indoor heated pool over there! Also was able to use their fitness room (tread mill) since the key to the big fitness center across the street was missing. Made the reservation the night before and had no problems at all checking in. Worth the price.

Room Tip: Not much sound barrier between the rooms but we needed the heater on anyway, so that helped.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank famw2girls
sleepinnfdm, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Boone, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thank you for your stay, We appreciate the feed back, and are looking in to the noise issue currently.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn Boone

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Updated Sleep Inn across from a La Quinta in Boone. Very friendly, informative manager who offered tips about restaurants, recreation and local sites. It appears that the problem another reviewer noted about a shared management staff may have been resolved. A different person is at the La Quinta desk, although guests here may access their amenities. Quiet, cozy, excellent value.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center on site, but the fitness center, indoor pool, and hot tub across the park...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
sleepinnfdm, Manager at Sleep Inn Boone, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

We strive here at both the Sleep Inn and La Quinta Inn and Suites to provide our guests with the best service that we can, to make your stay comfortable. Thank you for noticing our hard work and taking the time to tell every one about your experience.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

So this hotel and the one sharing the parking lot both get operated by the same owner. This cheapo makes one front desk person work both desks. He leaves a sign at the one the person isn't at to "call because we are away from the desk for the moment". I can't beleive he would open up his business and not even staff each building.
The bed linins were not changed the night before my stay, just remade (hair all in bed).
A/C wasn't operating (snow outside...it was cold)
The look of the building and room are fine and the price is great, but I would pay a little more and get basic quality.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank drkappasig

We apologize for the inconvenience that occurred during you stay. Action has been taken to correct theses issues from occurring in the future. Thank you: Jamey Sutton FDM

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I wouldnt even say this was just a good "bang for your buck" because it was more than that. Good location, updated and big rooms, clean .. What more do do you need? No hot tub so you walk across the parking lot to La Quinta .. How awesome!? No doubt coming back here

• Stayed: February 2012
sleepinnfdm, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Boone, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Thank you so much for your review about our property, we value all feedback from our guest, so we can make the Sleep Inn experience the best it can be. Jamey Sutton

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Even though Sleep Inn's are a budget price hotel, I rate this property a 5 because of their very knowledgeable front desk staff, clean and well appointed rooms, and a good complimentary breakfast. This is all provided at a very reasonable price. My most recent reservation was made via the internet about two hours before I arrived. All of the details were correct. Access in and out of the parking lot is a bit of a challenge during rush hours.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Thank You for your stay and review if there is anything else we can do for you please call us at the front desk 1(828)262-0020.
Until next time:
Jamey Sutton

Reviewed January 4, 2012

The staff here was amazing. Not only did they give us a great deal, but they were very helpful for guests that didn't know the area. They were able to recommend great restaurants and give directions to nearby attractions. When we had a question about a restaurant, the manager immediately looked it up, picked up the phone and called them for us. When we shared that we were going snowboarding, they were able to recommend a good place to rent equipment and share experience with the weather conditions there. They also let us know of the coffee and hot cocoa that would be waiting for us when we got back. When my boyfriend seemed excited, the manager immediately went back to the kitchen and grabbed five packets of hot cocoa mix for us to take. When we stated that we were planning on trying to sled the next day, we were suggested "the best sledding hill in town" and given directions. The breakfast is awesome! The waffle makers were an experience, but we were provided a bunch of toppings including strawberries to top them with. Even after check out, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful when we came back to ask for directions. I really felt like they went out of their way for us. We were so happy to have chosen that hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Natasha T, General Manager at Sleep Inn Boone, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel and would like to inform you that we have made many renovations since, as well as being under new management. We hope to exceed your expectations again during your next visit to Boone!

Natasha Taylor
Sleep Inn of Boone

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I typically stay at another budget hotel while visiting Boone, but that hotel's rates were a little higher at the time than the Sleep Inn (always looking for the best deal). Instead, I reserved a room on-line at the Sleep Inn. I had stayed once previously a couple of years ago and I had a pleasant experience there, and this time I was also not disappointed. For a budget hotel, the Sleep Inn has several nice touches. The front desk staff acted pleasantly, the lobby was clean and comfortable, there always seemed to be hot coffee and cookies or treats in the lobby. I reserved two rooms since we had a crowd travelling with us that weekend. The rooms were quiet during our stay, they were clean and the beds felt comfortable. The TV, microwave and fridge worked fine. My only complaint, although minor, was that the motor on the mini-fridge was just noisy enough that I could not sleep very soundly. I could have unplugged it but I didn't want to wake up my wife and daughter. Each bed had four small sofa-sized pillows. I like to use pillows when I sleep and when I got used to stacking the smaller pillows, it was no problem. Plus there was a spare pillow in the closet if I wanted more. Another nice touch was the hallways. They were clean, quiet and well-decorated. By the elevator was a clean and comfortable sitting area that was another nice touch. It looks like this Sleep Inn tries to add the nice touches of a more expensive hotel at a budget price. The breakfast is typical but nicely done ... cold cereals, fresh fruit and a waffle maker with fresh toppings. There was a friendly breakfast bar attendant who sat in the corner ready to help out with whatever was needed. I felt like for the money, my family and I got a very good deal and a nice experience. I'll definitely consider staying here again the next time I visit the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family