“Great Food & Service!”

Cafe Portofino
Ranked #54 of 148 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cafe Portofino is a family restaurant that is located in a historic building that was the original Tweetsie Railroad repair station in the late 1800's. We accommodate a small intimate party to very large groups. We specialize in pastas, steaks, specialty sandwiches and burgers. We have homemade soups and desserts. We have a very extensive wine and beer list including 18 different beers on draft and all ABC Permits. On the weekends we feature Chef Specials. We have a separate kids menu. We have several large TV's throughout our dinning room and bar so you can always catch your favorite sporting event. We also carry the NFL package.
Cary, North Carolina
“Great Food & Service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Service & food were superb and come strongly recommended! It does have a full bar attached if that is your thing. If it's not, just ask to be seated to the far side from the bar so the noise level will not be distracting. Rustic decor added to overall character of place. All in all, we were very happy with our dining experience!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Race2Win

• Indonesian first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great outdoor spaces! ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Had a late dinner reservation so my friends and I stopped here to sit outside and drink some beer. The outdoor seating was ample and great! It took some work to get service though. The three dollar Blue Moon special was a great surprise though!

Raleigh, NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Food, Great Location ..and Parking!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Had a great meal. They have lunch specials until 3pm but we decided to go for the dinner meals as they looked so good.
I got a Shrimp Wrap and my husband got Fish Tacos. Both of us were extremely happen with our meals.
Left side of building is more a bar, but right side is very quiet where lunch is served.
They also have outdoor seating.

Boone, North Carolina
“Amazing Everytime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have been to Café Portofino several times with friends and family and it has always been amazing. Everything on the menu is delicious and I have tried most of it. Recently they have made a place that I thought could not be better by adding a new chef to the kitchen. Boy was I wrong! This place just hit another level of delicious in my book. Everything that I have tried from the specials board has been incredible. The staff is always great and friendly. The spiced sirloin is still the signature dish, but I would highly recommend one of the new chef's dishes. This restaurant delivers a great meal, great wine menu and beer choices along with great service every time!

1 Thank Michael C
Boone, North Carolina
“Worth the trip!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Literally writing the review as I eat. Ordered there main dish the spicy sirloin pasta dish. Very very good. Disregard this other reviews that said this place was bad. Food was great. Our server Graham was overly nice. Service was great. We came with a party of six and got our appetizers and food in no time. Highly recommend this place.

1 Thank manuich1