“Good local establishment”

Cafe Portofino
Ranked #46 of 154 Restaurants in Boone
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cafe Portofino is a family restaurant that is located in a historic building that was the original Tweetsie Railroad repair station in the late 1800's. We accommodate a small intimate party to very large groups. We specialize in pastas, steaks, specialty sandwiches and burgers. We have homemade soups and desserts. We have a very extensive wine and beer list including 18 different beers on draft and all ABC Permits. On the weekends we feature Chef Specials. We have a separate kids menu. We have several large TV's throughout our dinning room and bar so you can always catch your favorite sporting event. We also carry the NFL package.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Portofino has been around for a while but I had never eaten there until recently a friend recommended it to me. I was happy I decided to give them a chance. They have a diverse menu ranging from steaks and chicken to burgers and other sandwiches. They also have vegetarian options. I really like their philly steak sandwich. Also check out their Greek pie pizza and a cold draft beer. I do feel obligated to say that I had the Ruben there once and it was not so good. Given that I have been there since and the food and service have been good, I wrote it off as a bad day for the chef.

1  Thank AppNeer

Reviewed October 19, 2013

What a great place to eat. We knew that we would not be able to get here to close to when the kitchen closed due to volleyball on ASU campus. I called the day before, they took our name and told me not to worry, they would be ready to take us when we got there. The fish tacos were so good, and our daughter had he chicken wrap, and loved it!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went here for a late lunch around 3:00 on Sunday. They have a very interesting dining room with tables made of rock. They had a pumpkin beer on draft that was really yummy. I ordered the Garlic burger with fries and it was so perfectly seasoned and juicy. Their fries were very yummy as well. I would go back in a heartbeat. The staff was very friendly and the food terrific. My husband got the grown up grilled cheese and he said it was the best grilled cheese he has ever had.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Gotta try the Garlic knots. Sandwiches were also great. Nice quaint atmosphere near App State campus.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The patio was full, but we were quickly sat, and greeted. Our food came out quickly and was tasty. My friend and I enjoyed the End of Summer Salad special, Chicken Parmesan, and a garlic knots appetizer. The salad was sparse on toppings, but other than that everything was excellent.