“Good food for a bar”

Cafe Portofino
Ranked #46 of 154 Restaurants in Boone
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cafe Portofino is a family restaurant that is located in a historic building that was the original Tweetsie Railroad repair station in the late 1800's. We accommodate a small intimate party to very large groups. We specialize in pastas, steaks, specialty sandwiches and burgers. We have homemade soups and desserts. We have a very extensive wine and beer list including 18 different beers on draft and all ABC Permits. On the weekends we feature Chef Specials. We have a separate kids menu. We have several large TV's throughout our dinning room and bar so you can always catch your favorite sporting event. We also carry the NFL package.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I think this is really a bar but they have good food. We ordered the fried green tomatoes and ham/bacon/pineapple pizza. Both were very good but maybe a little bit overpriced. Service was very friendly. Our waiter helped us find the Cook Out for dessert (milkshakes).

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Our son.s groomsman lunch was here and we were very pleased. The management was very accomodating and easy to work with. The food and beverage were great. The guys had a great time playing pool etc. Very casual and laid back. Perfect place for to relax , have great food and a fun time!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The first few times I visited Cafe Portofino I was underwhelmed. However, after my most recent visit, I felt I had to alter my review. I finally found that one dish I can always order and be satisfied: the Arribiata pasta (with chicken). It is savory, sweet and spicy all at once! The pasta was cooked perfectly, too. I also have to comment on how accommodating the staff were of our time limitations; we told our waitress upon being seated that we had to be out in an hour to attend a local play, and she was extremely conscientious.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We visited Cafe Portofino for the first time last night and were not disappointed. We had a 7:00 reservation, arrived early, and were seated immediately. We were served quickly, and our food was delicious. We were in and out in 38 minutes....we will be back!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The guys who recommended this place made it sound much better than it really was. I was disappointed in the steak "special sauce" with pasta meal. The steak was over-cooked. We were out of towners, so had to rely on reference from the hotel. This is clearly a university hang-out.

1  Thank An0nym0us1150