“A Delight”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boone
Hidden Valley Motel
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Though I only met Jim, I can only imagine his wife must be nearly as lovely as he is, given the care with which she obviously tends her gardens and her rooms. When we arrived, I commented on the two very cool antique Packards and Jim immediately offered to show them to us; he unlocked the carport and turned one of them on! The rooms were charming and wood-paneled and impeccably clean; ours had a large single bed and a little sitting area with two chairs, along with a fridge & microwave. We were in room 1 - all the way at the end; right outside our room was a little porch swing. What a nice touch. There is a beautiful gazebo in the front garden (although the traffic noise is a bit of a detraction the garden is so pretty you almost don't notice).

Jim gave us great directions to the restaurant in Blowing Rock, a 20 min drive to this small town with many dining options. It was also quite conveniently located in relation to Grandfather Mountain, our first stop the next morning.

All in all a great stay and an excellent value for the money. Thanks, Jim!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luvs2plan

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We just checked in & OMG Hidden Valley is the most adorable hotel ever. Room is spotless, roomy, & quaintly cozy. Mr. Jim is totally charming! We've been here 45 mins & are checking calendar to see when we can bring our grandaughter in the fall. Hidden valley is a great value & worth every penny

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank malsnu
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is the kind of place you want to find when you're gathering a group of friends. Small (11 rooms?) and comfortable. The owners are wonderful people who keep the place clean and comfortable. They helped us with problems and treated us as regulars even though it was our first ever visit. The gardens (front and back) are excellent.

Negatives? Minor: There is no food service onsite. The location is not ideal. It's on a busy street without sidewalks. Little is within walking distance. But everything you'd want is a short drive away in either direction. It just might be a little tough to turn left when Boone is emptying at 5 PM. (I was coming in from the north a little after 5 and wondering if there had been an evacuation order that I missed.) Except for the workday exodus there is no problem with NC105.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank adl55
Reviewed June 17, 2014

What a cute gem of a motel. Very homey. Beautiful gardens in front of the motel. Our innkeeper was very helpful and friendly. The room was big enough for the 4 of us and very comfortable. The mattresses very great. And because this is a motel that is a throwback to the 60's, the windows actually opened! We were able to enjoy the nighttime mountain air! I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Kim G
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed here for Memorial Day weekend. We were impressed with how clean the room was and the location was great for hitting all the local attractions. If you want a quiet, clean, cheap motel this is a great place. It's not fancy, but there is a fridge and microwave in the room. That's all we need! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jennlk
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We spent three nights at this charming motel, during our trip across the country. It was rustic, with a definite '50s feel to it. No sauna, whirlpool, swimming pool or fitness center, but it had beautiful woodwork and a "homey" feel to it. The owner had two antique cars, and we are antique car owners ourselves, so it made for a good fit. We would stay here again. It was just comfortable for us.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jan o
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I made my reservation the day before arrival. Other Boone hotels were either sold out or were twice the price!
I am a value shopper and found it to be exceptional. The bed was firm and great! Where can I buy one? Lots of pillows!
I just loved the room because it was so nice and clean! I really do wish I could bring my small dog.
I understand that is why they may be so clean though. I loved the big room too.
The location is right between the slopes and Boone.
LOVED IT TOTALLY!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Owensncsu
JimBoone, Owner at Hidden Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Thanks for the review, we enjoy our guests and try to provide lodging that is clean and cute and reasonably priced for our area.

Mattress: I think the name was Athena and came from a shop a couple of doors down from the motel, feel free to email me and I’ll hunt the details for you.

Pets: Animals or smoking in the room present a personal problem to us due to our own health, allergies and breathing problems. We do all of our own cleaning and it does take both of us to do the job, even a small health event can quickly become a large problem for our operation.