“Honestly just a great place to stay.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boone
Hidden Valley Motel
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Boone
“Honestly just a great place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

Inexpensive, clean, cozy, friendly owners, close to boone, and nicer to wake up in then your typical motel. The rooms look homey and inviting. Outside it is far enough out of town tobe peaceful. Just a much better place then say a holiday inn. No pool, just flowers all around the front. I love it here and will be back.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Jacaonod

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
North Potomac
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

I overnighted here during a blueridge parkway motorcycle trip and did not expect much other than a cheap place to flop for the night. I was pleasantly surprised, the room was extremely clean with a nice firm bed and Jim the owner was very gracious and welcoming. The room has all the basic amenities that could be expected for the price including free wireless internet. The rambler style building is also very conducive to motorcyclists as you can park right outside your door and dont have far to haul your gear. Although located on a highway, the road noise was not very noticable. I would definitely stay again and highly recommend.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1 and was very satisfied
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank kziadie
Summerfield, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

This motel was an excellent choice for me because it is so close to Hawksnest and the room that I stayed in was very large - big enough to accomindate myself, my wife and five children (ages 3 to 12). The best thing about the room - it was the cleanest room that I have ever stayed in - hands dowm.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Art94
Alpharetta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

Is close to the slopes and that's why we picked it. It's a strip motel which took us by surprise but it's very charming. The lady takes alot of pride in her motel and you can tell she's been at it for years. Basically it's decent with a great location but if your wife is halfway picky, this one won't fly!

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank Cammando2317
JimBoone, Owner at Hidden Valley Motel, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
Thanks, I always appreciate receiving a good review, however sounds like maybe there were things we could have done better and I do want to please our guests. I'm always open to guests sending me an email and offering suggestions and helping me see things from a different perspective, that's how I learn. Thanks, Jim
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

My boyfriend and I were just getting away for the night and this place was fabulous. We loved the room - we stayed in room 8. It had 2 queen size beds and 1 twin...Way bigger than what we needed but we were very comfortable. We spent the night just hanging out in the room watching tv and playing games but constantly found ourselves admiring the work that the owners have put into the place. The room was very clean and cozy! I read the reviews prior to going and some mentioned the beds not being comfortable but I have no complaints with the beds. The towels were small. We like to sleep in and the check out time is 10 but the owners were very flexible in allowing us to check out at 11. We will definitely be staying her again soon! We were very very pleased!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JustCassie
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

The motel was very pleasant and the owners were extremely nice. The bathroom and the room itself was very clean. The only drawback was the towels and washclothes were worn and the beds were a little hard. Other than that, it was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

Overall a pleasant budget place to stay that would have been even better had the towels not had a musty smell to them. Replacements were the same and suggests to me that they were folded up before being completely dry. Bird feeders in walkway between rooms create a messy path and would be better placed out in the garden area which is very nice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple