“Way over-rated and over priced”

Sagebrush Steakhouse
Ranked #69 of 152 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Sagebrush is a casual dining Steakhouse. Our menu is full of appetizing items with an emphasis on hand-cut steaks. We also offer award winning ribs, fresh seafood & chicken, as well as a variety of garden fresh salads, appetizers, homemade desserts and a full bar. We pride ourselves in serving a great meal with value & variety in a family friendly environment. Dine In - Take Out - Catering
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Last time my family ate here we did not enjoy our experience. First, the table we were seated at was dirty and we ad to tell the waitress to clean it. Our food was small in portion size and had a frozen taste. Nothing too special about the food at all. In fact, I cannot even recall what I ate. Our service was also lacking, the waitress never checked on us or offered to refill our drinks. For the quality and quantity of food our bill was way too high. I have not been back since.

1  Thank Deva B
There are newer reviews for Sagebrush Steakhouse

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This restaurant was walking distance from our hotel, so we decided it was our best choice if we wanted to avoid traffic. We were there on a very busy weekend for the area, so the restaurant was very very crowded. When we arrived we were told that there would be a 45-60 min wait for a table for two. My husband asked about the bar and the hostess answered "You can get a drink, but bring it out here because it's crowded in there". No mention of eating in the bar. He went in to the bar to get drinks and noticed that there were empty tables in the bar and wondered if we could sit in there. He asked a manager that was now at the desk and he said.. yes, you could grab a table in the bar. So we sat immediately and avoided a 60 min wait! We had to sit at a "high top" table .. when if the hostess had told us this immediately, we could have had a booth in the bar.

The service was excellent. The bar WAS very crowded and yet the bartender and the two waitresses working the area asked us repeatedly if we needed anything and filled my soft drinks often.

The food was ok. We didn't buy top of the line items. I had a BBQ pork sandwich that was good, however the only sides offered with sandwiches are regular or sweet potato fries. My husband had the Tenderloin Tips dinner and the meat was not tender. If you want a better quality meat, I'd skip that option and pay a bit more for a better grade of meat.

I don't think that I'd go out of the way to go to this restaurant, however, I'm not a big beef eater. It was however very convenient for our needs that night.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Road house menu, next door to Hampton inn. Food was decent, beer was cold, service was ok. I'd try somewhere else with a little character next time, as this was a chain type place, but would not avoid eating here if you're hungry.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The chili was really delicious! My hubby enjoyed the cajion shrimp. House salad was decent. Ohhh, the peach cobbler was yummy!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The buffalo wings were so over-cooked they were like jerky! The ranch dressing was watery with no flavor; chicken fried steak was right out of the box and tasted like it; the grilled liver was still bleeding on my plate and the "grilled" onions were barely cooked. I've had better meals in a school cafeteria. I noticed there were only about a dozen people in the restaurant during what should have been a busy time--guess that's why! I live locally and have definitely informed friends and family not to bother visiting this restaurant!