“Best Italian place in Boone!”
Review of Casa Rustica

Casa Rustica
Ranked #21 of 148 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: AppalCart stops in front of restaurant use POP 105 route.
Description: Casa Rustica is Boone"s authentic Italian restaurant since 1981. We offer a wide selection of entrees including fresh pastas, chicken, veal, seafood and steaks. Our nightly specials complement our menu and our homemade desserts are not to be missed. Visit the La Bouca Lounge where the menu offers original sandwiches and flat-bread pizzas. Casa Rustica provides a cozy atmosphere in a log cabin setting. Come for romantic fireside dining or bring the whole family and enjoy our friendly and prompt service.
Blowing Rock, North Carolina, United States
“Best Italian place in Boone!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Their menu is reasonably priced, their food is amazing, and their atmosphere is one of the best. I ate here several times, even when it is crowded it still provides you with an intimate romantic like dinner for you and that someone of importance. The staff is phenomenal, they even squeezed us in last minute on valentines day without a reservation. Highly recommended!

Visited July 2012

Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Some Italian”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

It was a nice atmosphere. The table we were seated at did not have any lighting, so we needed to hold up to menus to catch some light off other areas. Service was ok. Meal was very tasty. Maybe a bit pricey. (We were hungry for lasagna, but they didn't have a regular meat lasagna. You have to pay extra for meat! So we ordered something else.)

Visited November 2012
NC
“Expected more from an Italian restaurant”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just took a weekend trip to Boone with our family (8 of us total) and after MANY, MANY hours of searching the internet and trip advisor, we decided on Casa Rustica for our restaurant choice on Saturday night. We decided to eat here since the menu had a HUGE selection to choose from. They had a little bit of everything and there was something for all of us to eat.

First, let me say that we did not have a reservation, but arrived just a few minutes after 5pm and they were able to seat us with no problem.

The service was great. Our waitress was on top of everything and she received an excellent tip from us that night.

The restaurant itself was great. The decor inside made it feel very cozy and like we were in the mountains. Everything was very clean and well-kept.

This is where it kind of goes down hill. We are an Italian family and when we eat at Italian restaurants, we expect good food. Not perfect food, but still good food. We all got different meals ranging from spaghetti to the duck leg. I can honestly say the sauce (spaghetti and manicotti) was the worst sauce we've ever had. It wasn't bad tasting, but it was the most bland sauce we've ever had. There was not one seasoning in it. No salt, pepper, basil, oregano, romano cheese, nothing. Needless to say, it made the entire meal bland for several of us. I had the manicotti and the ricotta cheese also had no seasoning. They make their crepes homemade (just like I do), but they overcooked them a little and the edges came out crispy. Manicotti shells should never be crispy.

My husband loved the duck leg. He said it was excellent! My dad loved his chicken. My brother loved his veal. My nephew did not like the grilled chicken from the children's menu. (I took a look at it and I think it was because it had no seasoning on it either). My daughter enjoyed her ravioli, but again, the marinara had no seasoning, so she said it was "boring".

Service was a tiny bit slow, considering we were in there for 2 hours and we were the 3rd party to show up. It wasn't a big deal as we enjoyed each other's company.

Overall, not sure we would eat here again. My husband and I paid for everyone (it was our treat to everyone) and we spent nearly $200 (including tip) for everyone.

• Visited November 2012
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Amazing Food and Service, Romantic and Cozy Atmosphere, Very Enjoyable Classical Guitarist Playing- Wonderful Place!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We so enjoyed our dining experience, on 10/28/2012, at Casa Rustica!!! Our waiter was amazingly accommodating and nice!!! He was one of the best waitpersons we have ever had and we have eaten in restaurants all over the country! I had the pasta purses with the basil pesto- DELICIOUS!!! My husband had the artichoke salad. It looked so fresh and colorful, like health on a plate! He really enjoyed it and I tried a few bites and it was delicious!!! The atmosphere is so nice. The light is very dim with lots of candlelight and a few twinkle lights- very romantic! The decor is charming, rustic, and very cozy! The entertainment was outstanding, a classical guitarist. I don't normally order dessert, but I did so, just to be able to continue listening to him and enjoying the warm and cozy atmosphere. We will definitely make sure to eat at Casa Rustica on every future trip to the Boone area!!!

Clemmons, North Carolina
“Homecoming Treat”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Casa Rustica offers one of the best menu selections in the NC High Country. Their relaxed setting (for 2 or 20) is always a treat when in the Boone area. The food is tastefully prepared and is both visually attractive and "melt in your mouth" good. It is a testament to their menu that you often say to your dining mate "I wish I had ordered that too". Portions are generous and Casa's desserts are delightful.

• Visited October 2012