“Nice Ambiance, Decent Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Rustica

Casa Rustica
Ranked #20 of 148 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: AppalCart stops in front of restaurant use POP 105 route.
Description: Casa Rustica is Boone"s authentic Italian restaurant since 1981. We offer a wide selection of entrees including fresh pastas, chicken, veal, seafood and steaks. Our nightly specials complement our menu and our homemade desserts are not to be missed. Visit the La Bouca Lounge where the menu offers original sandwiches and flat-bread pizzas. Casa Rustica provides a cozy atmosphere in a log cabin setting. Come for romantic fireside dining or bring the whole family and enjoy our friendly and prompt service.
“Nice Ambiance, Decent Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had dinner here with my family (4 adults and 2 kids). The ambiance and service was excellent. They had a live guitar player that was very nice. Our server was professional and quick.

I have to give it 4 stars and not 5 because of the food. Considering it's an Italian restaurant in Boone, NC the food was decent. However, had I eaten this in Chicago I would have been less impressed.

Overall, I would recommend this restaurant especially for a date night or family's with older kids. However, it was not a great place to take a 2 year old.

According to the hostess, reservations are recommended!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

North Carolina
“Good food and service, under cooked chicken”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We enjoyed dinner here until I discovered that my Chicken Marsala was pink. I was nearly finished so did not consider sending it back to the kitchen but it was a bit bothersome as I wondered if what I had already eaten was also under cooked.

Other than the under cooked chicken, everything was very nice: salads and dressings very good, delicious garlic bread and rolls, herbs/olive oil for dipping. My baked potato was the tastiest I've ever had! My husband's dish - Cheese Ravioli with Sausage was very good - hearty portion of sausage. The booth was a bit cramped and uncomfortable but the live music (classical guitar) was nice. Our server seemed well trained.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tallahassee, Florida
“Fine Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I chose this place after my first choice was booked for the night and for its proximity to the Courtyard in Boone...glad I did. It is not your ordinary mom and pop Italian. I had a seafood pasta that was excellent..great salad...lovely server with a great personality...making a reservation would keep you on the safe side....I arrived without one, but helpful hostess seated me immediately...but the place was almost full and stayed that way while I was there. Good menu, good food, good wine, good time...

Visited August 2012
Savannah, GA
“Great salads”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I found this restaurant through the desk clerk at the Comfort Inn. We were tired and wanted takeout to eat in the room. Ordered at 5 and it was ready when we got there 10 minutes later. Wife had Salad with salmon the first night. Second night we again ordered takeout and picked it up on the way back from Grandfather Mountain. Total time in restaurant was under 5 minutes. Appears clean and comfortable. Good food at a reasonable price.
People were waiting to get in when they opened.

• Visited August 2012
“Liked this a lot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I ate here because it was near our hotel, and we were glad we did. I had the special, which was tortellini with shrimp and scallops, and it was very good. My husband had chicken parm, and loved it. The atmosphere was very nice - log cabin like and cozy. We had a dessert called "sin on a plate," which was awesome - a ball of cookies and cream ice cream rolled in crumbled Oreos with puff pastry and chocolate sauce! We would eat here again.