“ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC ITALLIAN FOOD!”
Review of Casa Rustica

Casa Rustica
Ranked #21 of 148 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: AppalCart stops in front of restaurant use POP 105 route.
Description: Casa Rustica is Boone"s authentic Italian restaurant since 1981. We offer a wide selection of entrees including fresh pastas, chicken, veal, seafood and steaks. Our nightly specials complement our menu and our homemade desserts are not to be missed. Visit the La Bouca Lounge where the menu offers original sandwiches and flat-bread pizzas. Casa Rustica provides a cozy atmosphere in a log cabin setting. Come for romantic fireside dining or bring the whole family and enjoy our friendly and prompt service.
Virginia Beach
“ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC ITALLIAN FOOD!”
Reviewed May 20, 2011

My husband and I had dinner at this little restaurant on Sunday night after a visit to Grandfather Mountain. The atmosphere was terrific! The service was top notch! The food was Absolutely Terrific! It's a good thing they aren't closer to my hometown because I would eat there as often as possible! YUMMY FOOD! It was a very relaxing place to have dinner. Their spaghetti was SO GOOD! Don't miss out on this one when you are in the area!

• Visited May 2011

Matthews, North Carolina
“Great for a romantic night out without breaking the bank!”
Reviewed April 16, 2011

On our "babymoon" in Boone and wanted a nice Italian meal. Also didn't want to spend $25+/entree. Casa Rustica was the place! Service was great, log-cabin atmosphere was wonderful (no loud music or TV screens), bathroom was clean. I had the Pasta Primavera with alfredo sauce, whole wheat spaghetti and shrimp (chock full of veggies!), and my husband had the Lasagna Marinara with meat sauce - they were both excellent! In hindsight, I probably wouldn't spend the $6 extra for 5 shrimp on mine. Both meals came with a house salad - all their dressings are homemade, and the Creamy Raspberry Vinaigrette was awesome! I ended up asking them if I could buy some to take home (which I've NEVER done before!) and was thrilled when they said yes. Will happily visit again if we end up back in the Boone area.

• Visited April 2011
Atlanta GA & Boone NC
“Great food, great service, and will be added to the "eat at again" list.”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We decided to celebrate Valentine's Day on Sunday at Casa Rustica and so did other people, but we planned ahead and made reservations. Our waiter was VERY knowledgeable about the menu and the daily specials. Since it was busy service was a tad slow but his kindness and knowledge made up for it, besides we were really not in a rush. I had the veal saltimbocca, which was amazing. The veal was cooked excellent & the proscutio with white wine sauce was a great combination. I tried a bite of my boyfriend's Veal Parmigiana and it was also very tasty. Each of our entrees came with a side salad and mixed variety bread basket. I highly suggest the creamy raspberry vinagrette dressing, it was wonderful. My only problem is with the choice of side items. I chose the pasta but I just didn't like the tomato sauce that they covered it in. I would to have liked another choice like a butter garlic or alfredo sauce instead. And as far as dessert the spumoni (which I never had before) was great! We will be going back.

• Visited February 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food!”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We found this restaurant about a year ago, and have eaten there each subsequent time we've been in Boone since. It is tough to get in quickly unless you make a reservation or go a little later later, and at that point the waiters and waitresses seem to get impatient as they have stay late, but despite that minor frustration, the quality of food more than makes up for it. The veal saltimbocca is amazing, and we've tried the manicotti, ravioloi, lasagna, and chicken parm as well, all of which were also of great quality.

This is honestly one of the best Italian restuarants I've ever eaten at, and the person suggesting you would be better off going to Carrabba's instead could not be more wrong...

• Visited January 2011
Winston Salem, NC
“Overrated and a little snooty, food was just ok”
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We visited here after reading the TripAdvisor reviews. We had to make reservations, as there was a long wait the other nights we called. The service was pretty good and they had a classical guitarist that was nice. However, the restaurant itself was cold (and I'm a very hot natured person) and a little snooty. We were disappointed in the food quality of the spaghetti, an Italian staple. I had the lasagna, which was quite good. I'm not sure why this place is so popular, Macaroni Grill or Carabbas would be better for me.

1 Thank hpu2000