After reading other reviews, we made it a point to call back and request a view of the mountain side (not the parking lot) and a room not next to the elevator/vending area. We did get a room away from the elevator/vending (325 as opposed to 324) but had a lovely view of the towering green roofing tiles of the main entry. I think the parking lot view would have been a better view. Even though we called way in advance with our room request, they waited until we got there to tell us there were no other rooms available in our suite choice nor were any upgrade rooms available - better front-end communication would have been nice. One other thing to consider...request a room not next to the stairs!! Thurs-Fri nights were fine but Sat night and Sun morning the doors were slamming way into the night and early morning. I have no idea why!
The service was excellent. A very friendly and attentive staff even though the hotel was sold out with weekend skiers. Amazingly, I left behind my whole toiletry bag and when I called the front desk asking for additional hangers, I passingly mentioned my forgotten toiletries, she offered to bring one of everything she had. She was there with hangers and toiletry items within 10 minutes! The only thing I had to buy was contact lens solution & case.
The continental breakfast was family oriented with healthy selections for those that preferred it and make-your-own waffles that kids enjoyed preparing themselves.
Being from a busy, fast-paced city (Atlanta), the atmosphere here was refreshigly laid-back and pleasant with a light bed & breakfast feel. They provide daily newspapers, afternoon cookies and fresh popped popcorn, all day coffee and milk are available...they even brought up a cork screw (another forgotten item)!
The heated swimming pool and hot tub were a hit with the families. It was nice to see families spending time together there. We didn't go out at night but chose to stay in the and watch HBO movies & drink wine! It didn't feel much like a "hotel room" because we were able to enjoy a living room feel. There was no hotel movie rental service and no DVD/VCR in the room, so we were limited in our movie selections.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina is the Country Inn & Suites, Boone. Located in the North Carolina High Country, the area offers unsurpassed scenery, exciting activities and outdoor adventures for people of all ages. The Country Inn & Suites, Boone is located in the middle of it all. Come and enjoy all the area has to offer and let us pamper you with a little "Country Hospitality." We look forward to your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Carlson, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Boone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inns & Suites Boone Hotel Boone
- Country Inns And Suites Boone
- Country Inn Boone
- Boone Country Inn