“Searching for water...”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Knoxville, TN
“Searching for water...”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We booked our stay for three days for our wedding anniversary. We booked here because they had high ratings and a decent daily rate, plus we were looking for a pool and a jacuzzi room. Well, as it turns out, the pool was closed for maintenance and the rooms don't come with a a jacuzzi. I was pretty upset that we were not informed over the phone when we made our reservation that the pool was going to be closed. Thankfully, the very helpful receptionist, Elizabeth, upgraded us to a jacuzzi room to compensate. The room was very nice and clean, and the breakfast was delicious. I recommend Country Inn, but you might want to call ahead to make sure that all amenities are included.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kayjeckel
Stephanie O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Boone, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. We sincerely hope that you had a wonderful anniversary. I am sorry to hear that our pool was closed for renovation while you were here but I am glad that we were able to upgrade you to a jacuzzi suite. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Loretto, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We arrived after midnight and were given a warm welcome by the night staff. The beds were super comfie after a long day and the room was quiet and cool. As others have said, this chain has great, roomy bathrooms with lots of hot water. Everything is impeccably clean and nicely decorated. The pool was closed for repairs, but we had no time for a swim so this wasn't important. However, if that is one amenity that you are looking for my advice is to call ahead. The only slightly negative thing I would have to say about the two hotels that we stayed in by this chain were that the pools are very small and I noted that this one was in full view of everyone in the breakfast area. The only other less than glowing comment I could make is that the breakfast buffet did not include a meat, but there were omelets, home fries, and a full offering of other customary breakfast items. The lobby has coffee and tea which are always nice. Overall the value was great and we had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laurie J
Stephanie O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Boone, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to leave feedback on your recent stay at our Country Inn and Suites. I am glad to learn that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary coffee and tea available 24hrs a day in our lobby. We look forward to seeing you again when you are back in the Boone NC area!

Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We booked here because we wanted a hot breakfast for our kids before we spent a day at Tweetsie Railroad. We got there three hours before check-in and we wanted to see if our room was ready. It wasn't, but we asked if we could use the pool while they were preparing our room, and they said no problem and gave us a key to the pool. Overall the stay was very good. Only complaints I had were the pool was very cloudy. My kids had diving rings and could not even see them in four foot of water. The other thing was it said they had free newspapers each business morning and they did not. I asked clerk and he said they do not provide them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Larry13C
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites. I am glad that the kids got to enjoy our indoor pool. We hope to see you again in the future when you are back in Boone NC.

Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The morning and afternoon front desk reception staff were friendly and accomodating. I didn't interact or meet the night staff so I cannot comment on them. The room was clean and comfortable. I asked for a room with a mountain view and was granted my request at check in. It is in a convenient location very close to many of the chain restaurants and Boone / Blowing Rock attractions. The pool was closed for repairs so if thinking about booking a reservation here and that is an important ammenity to you, my advice is to contact the hotel first and inquire about the pool status. We did enjoy the breakfast buffet. The selection of hot foods changed daily. In my opinion, it is the best hotel breakfast buffet selection my family and I have eaten. The women who prepare the breakfast food do not wear hair nets and gloves. That is a health violation. They also seem stressed and unhappy with their job. My family was made to feel uncomfortable by them staring at us especially when we went for a second plate. Their stares and talking to one another about It was made obvious to us. With that exception we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Coffee and tea is available all day for guests in the lobby and cookies in the afternoon. A nice gesture I must say.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 3rd floor facing a mountain view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Randi E
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites. I am so sorry that our pool was closed for renovation during your visit with us. I am so glad to know that you and your family were able to take advantage of our complimentary hot breakfast during your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future when you are back in Boone NC.

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed the weekend of July 19-22 for my daughter's birthday. We've been to Boone twice before, but never stayed in this hotel. I prefer the Carlson hotels, especially as a member, so I try to book a Carlson hotel as often as possible. This hotel was in a decent location - close enough to things to do and places to eat around town, but not in the thick of the city.

As was mentioned by others, the decor is a bit drab. I'm ok with that as it honestly could've been far worse. It did bother me that the pool was open due to a broken dehumidifier, but when I asked the lady working the desk about the pool (which, by the way, all front desk personnel were very attentive, friendly, and accommodating), she responded that they had worked out a deal with the La Quinta and Sleep Inn to use their pools. I thought this was fantastic as one of the draws to this hotel was the indoor pool. Big thumbs up for the contingency plan!

I didn't have the breakfast as I am not one to eat breakfast, however, as relayed to me by my wife, daughter, and her friend, it was not impressive. Hot items were either not hot, rubbery, or not very good. Waffles were waffles - hard to screw them up with pre-mixed bags and heat. We opted for breakfast elsewhere the other 2 mornings of our stay.

The rooms themselves were decent size, especially the bathrooms. With 3 females in tow, it's always nice to have space! Another reason I love to stay at Country Inn and Suites is because their bathrooms are on the larger side and come with fans. The only bad things I will say about our room is that the beds were a little uncomfortable and the toilet was not level (felt like I was leaning to the right a little - thankfully I wasn't drunk at all during my stay!).

Overall, this is a good hotel and our stay was enjoyable. For us it was good value because we took advantage of the 35% discount, otherwise I would say it's a fair value, but certainly better value than most in and around Boone and the 2 other hotels we stayed in previous trips. If you can overlook the interior, and if they can up their breakfast a notch, I would say that this could be a very good hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the road are quiet, however, they do not offer much of a view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian_Longo
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites. I am so sorry that our pool was closed for renovation during your visit with us. We hope to see you again in the future when you are back in Boone NC.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed five nights here while I attended a workshop at Cheap Joes. Pros: Our suite room was very comfortable and very clean. The hotel staff was always pleasant and responded instantly to any requests -- extra pillows, a functioning hairdryer. Cons: Breakfast in the morning was not very good. The hot dishes were either rubbery eggs or disgusting gravy/sausage mess, aside from the usual waffle maker and oatmeal. By mid-week, the kitchen was running out of food -- no yogurt, no breads for toasting except for a few bagel that would have make excellent hockey pucks, and no fresh fruit. The view from our window was the steep roof of the covered drive-thru. We could see nothing! There was a prominently displayed sign in the lobby stating that this chain would soon be updating its logo. Personally, I think the money could be better spent updating the rather drab decor and improving breakfast options.

Room Tip: Avoid room 325, window completely blocked.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingGranny49022
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites. I hope that you were able to enjoy the workshops that you were attending at Cheap Joes. Thank you for letting us know your opinion on the breakfast foods. We have since switched brands of eggs that we are ordering in order to try to improve the flavor and texture. We hope to see you again in the future when you are back in Boone NC.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The staff here was great. Always friendly and wishing us a good day.
I stayed here with my father for a father/son trip and we had a great stay. There was plenty of room and the beds were comfortable.
The location is perfect. Close to downtown Boone and also next to route 105 for easy access to Blowing Rock, etc.
I actually stayed here years ago and forgot...buy was pleasantly surprised when I pulled up and recognized the hotel.
Definitely recommend and will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JWilliams_426
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites during your Father and son trip. I would also like to thank you for the kind words that you had to say about our staff. We strive to make all of our guests feel as though they are at home. We hope to see you again in the future when you are back in Boone NC.