“The Hotel was ok”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Rock Hill
“The Hotel was ok”
Reviewed August 19, 2007

We stayed at this Super Motel 8/16/07-8/19/07. When we arrived check -in was quick. The people that was at the check in desk was not very friendly. We had room 316 was was a standard double bed non-smoking room with a dorm size fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, alarm clock, table with two crairs, desk, desk chair, and the standard thingsw.. It was average. It was not the Mariott by no means. The bathroom had marble lloking counter tops and ceramic tile floor. the shower head was also nice because you could twist it to get the water to come out differents strengths and ways. There were a few stains on the walls in the room and on the carpet. Wehn we got there it was hot in there. We turned that air off and left. We came back and it was still hot in there and the a/c wwas blowing out warm air. We called the front desk and the manager said that maintance had slready left fot the day. I told here that she was going to do something because was not staying in a hot room. So she was up there within five minutes. She goes and kicks that a/c and turned around and said that we needed to hurry up and make a decision. Our options was 1. Move to a smoking room(the only room left) or stay there. We had adjoining rooms with our friends and we did not want to move from them. The air started working we she kicked it and we was not going to stay in a smoking room.

The pool was closed the first two days of our stay for "CLEANING". That was fine because we didn't really have to use it but stayed there in case we wanted o. When they did open it the pool was full of dirt and the concreate around it needed major cleaning so we never used it.

We never ate the contiental breakfast eith but looked to see what they had one morning. The have molk, juice, ceral, bagel, waffels, instant grits, instant oatmeal, and coffee. It did not have any fruit on it.

I will look for some where else to stay on my next visit hear but if I can't find nothing then I will stay here over some places I seen.

• Liked — The location to everything
  • Disliked — The rude front desk people
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cbr_guest
Super8boone, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this review, July 6, 2016
Thank you for your review. We would like to apologize about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We would, also, like to let you know that we have made many changes to our hotel and hope you can enjoy them during your next trip to Boone!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
North Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2007

We chose this hotel because it was the lowest-priced of the chain hotels in the area. We thought it was worth the extra money over the off-brand hotels to ensure a good experience.

The good experience never really happened. We reserved a non-smoking room, but we were hit with the smell of stale smoke as soon as we walked into our room. There was an ashtray in the bathroom, and the only "No Smoking" sign in the room was a little removable placard (so, probably placed there for our benefit but not a regular fixture in the room!). Our room was at the end of a bank of non-smoking rooms, which were all marked as such on the door. Ours was not. We theorized that we were put in a smoking room because there weren't any non-smoking rooms left.

We were tired after a long day, and neither of us is allergic to smoke, so we didn't feel like getting switched around. If we had, we might have gotten a different room.

Overall, this hotel is just okay. Not worth the price.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank magoco

Travelers are raving about these Boone hotels

Alabama
Reviewed January 30, 2007

I saw a lot of great reviews for this hotel when I was traveling to Boone, NC for business. Unfortunately, I cannot say that my experience matched the wonderful recommendations of previous travelers. When I arrived, it took several minutes for a room to be assigned to me, although I had made a reservation online directly through the hotel's website. The charges were also greater than those reflected on the website. When I asked about this, the front desk associate indicated that the website had the wrong sales tax figures.

My room was certainly nothing spectacular. This hotel was also pretty loud during my stay. I was not 100% confident about the cleanliness of my room. It was not a terrible experience, but did not meet my expectations based on the other rave reviews posted at this site.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, quality
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Heart0fDixie
Garner NC
Reviewed May 24, 2006

So i went here for a little get the Garner for a while, B/C we wanted to, and b/c it was fall the colores were so nice! it was the perfect time. The hotel really Surprise me. I though it wasnt going to be good, boy was i wrong! They night we got there they had coffee in the lobby and chocolate cookies too! The cookies were good too. They had an indoor pool; we didn’t go B/C I didn’t know. The place was very clean. The room had a Fridge it. They gave up extra pillows (I love pillows) that was nice. Bathroom was clean every day were there. Oh the counter tops were pretty too. Lover the color and it was big too. Bed was ok, but good other wise. The last day we were there the cleaning lady used to much room fresher, uggg. IT was strong. I had to open the window, while we went out to eat. That I think was the only bad thing. IT gave me a headache. My Love proposed to me on that trip, so I guess it’s a lucky hotel & IT was a PERFECT stay. I so will stay next time. Thinking about booking for my best friends baccalaureate party or even my one.
SO i hope this helps people if they want to stay here. DO IT DO IT!! SATY HERE!!!!

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank NewZealandbound
Thank you for your review. We would like to apologize about any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We would, also, like to let you know that we have made many changes to our hotel and hope you can enjoy them during your next trip to Boone!
Valdese, NC
Reviewed March 3, 2006

This hotel is one of the best of which I have stayed. It is comprably priced to the other hotles in the area. The rooms are exceptionally clean, and wireless internet is included at no extra cost. I would highly recommend this hotel to other people traveling in the Boone area.

Stayed March 2006