“Boone Stay”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed June 12, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey R
Super8boone, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

1  Thank Janet E

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I made my first mistake by not check out the reviews before booking. The rooms were ok. Wifi was available only if u stood on one leg in the right spot,with eyes crossed.
The pool was closed! STILL! The breakfast was coffee, a few pastries,apples and yogurt!
My main concern was the cleanliness of the room. Which was acceptable! Not great. We will be staying at another hotel when we return. By the way it wont be the best western in boone. Over the weekend a little boy was found dead and his mother in a coma. In that same room last month an elderly couple was found dead. Havent heard way!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank denaharrison

We are certainly sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. We are aware of the issues that you raised in your comments and are in the process of implementing new procedures to improve our hotel. Thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will consider us again on your next trip to Boone!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Pros: Cheap, close to App State
Cons: Shoddy and run down, bad wifi. The pool was out of service, the public bathroom was out of service, the ice machine was out of service, one of the toasters was broken. The carpet was stained and debris was in the corners and by the foot of the bed. When we went to breakfast we thought they hadn't put it all out yet at first. But it turns out they only had a few things to offer for breakfast -- including lukewarm hot water for the oatmeal or hot chocolate packets. The wifi only got one or two bars on our laptop; iPads and phones were unable to access any wifi without going down to the lobby. Old fashioned square, SD type of TV.
On the other hand, we've been in third-world countries before, and it's a fair bit better than the budget hotels you find there, and there's indoor plumbing : )

2  Thank Jim C

Thank you for your review. We would like to apologize about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We would, also, like to let you know that we have made many changes to our hotel and hope you can enjoy them during your next trip to Boone!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had to write this review in order to save someone the disappointment my family and I had, while we stayed at Super 8 Boone. Our dates were 6/7 through 6/9. We didn't bother to switch hotels because we arrived late Friday night and it would have ruined our plans for the next day if we were to try and check into a new hotel. I understand you get what you pay for, but this hotel is far beyond low budget. I will say the staff was friendly, other than that this review is not going to be good. I knew things were bad when I saw a sign on the pool that said closed. I asked the clerk about the sign and he said the pool is closed because it's broken and they're waiting for a part. In addition to the closed pool, the ice machine in the lobby was also "out of order". As we made our way to our room on the third floor I noticed a crunch sound as we walked on the tiled floor, this is a sign that the floors had been mopped, but with dirty water. The room was your typical room, with the exception of the rusted shower curtain rod, humming shower head and box-spring mattress that was coming apart. Speaking of beds, these beds are very uncomfortable and the pillows offer no support. The hotel is extremely dated, dusty and dreary looking. The furniture in the lobby and hallways doesn't look clean and I wouldn't advise anyone to sit on any of it. Luckily for my family, I packed bleach and Clorox wipes and was able to wipe the room down. Oh, I forgot to mention I found an old Cheez-It cracker behind the dresser and an old piece of bread behind the nightstand, while looking for an outlet to charge my tablet. By the way, the internet wasn't working either. I called the service number provided in the room and was told a technician was on site working on the issue. Needless to say the issue was not resolved during our stay and I couldn't use my tablet. Finally, there's breakfast, I didn't expect too much for breakfast and my expectations were met. Danish, cereal, oatmeal, toast, waffles, yogurt, coffee, juice and milk

I am not exaggerating on any of this. Please, if you want to have a good time in Boone and need a place to stay, pay the extra money for a decent hotel! I wish I had listened to the reviews I read.

Room Tip: Please pay attention to the reviews and if you have questions or concerns, call the hotel before han...
1  Thank boddiegirl