“I enjoyed my stay. There were two problems that I noticed...”
Review of Super 8 Boone NC

Super 8 Boone NC
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Boone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Greenville, SC
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Knowing we were staying in a discount hotel, we didn't have expectations of grandeur, but there were a few things here that could have been improved.

The handset for the phone in our room didn't work. I was able to use the speakerphone to alert the front desk to the problem, but it was never addressed.

The "heated" pool, as others have noted, was too cold to swim in.

The leg to one of our beds was broken, causing the bed to teeter if someone sat on a corner. The sheets didn't fit properly so that my husband woke up both mornings with the fitted sheet pulled from the corner and wrapped around his legs. But the room itself was spacious, clean and comfortable.

Breakfast was adequate, I suppose, but light on selection - only apple juice (from a pitcher since the dispenser was apparently broken), only apples (no oranges or bananas, for example), two choices in cereal, etc.

As others have noted, there's a problem with water temperature consistency. The shower constantly traversed the spectrum from chilly to scalding.

All in all, it's acceptable for an inexpensive stay but not a place I'd wholeheartedly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to respond on Trip Advisor! I apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay with us. I have let our maintenance staff know about the issues you encountered. I am also sorry that your phone was never addressed, that is unacceptable. I am glad to hear that you found your room clean and comfortable, but again I do apologize for these concerns. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the High Country!
Fuquay Varina
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Toilet and shower were dirty. Room smelled like smoke. Staff was very nice and helped resolve the issues very quickly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. I am very glad to hear that our staff could assist you with the issues you experienced in your room. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Boone!
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The bed was falling apart, the towels were stained, the washcloths were stained, the bath mat was frayed, the tub wouldn't drain, the water wouldn't maintain a consistent temperature, the non smoking room smelled like an ashtray, and the peephole was so cloudy you couldn't see one single thing. We paid over $100 for this room! Never again!

• Stayed February 2013
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We appreciate your response on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the matters you encountered during your visit with us. We will definitely address these issues with our staff. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Boone!

Travelers are raving about these Boone hotels

Monroe
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had a somewhat decent stay at the super 8 hotel in boone. The rooms were clean and everything was enjoyable except for the front staff. The woman that sorted my room out was rude and unprofessional. We had a miscommunication and immmediately began to be rude. I had gotten rather aggrivated by that time and she had pointed out that i had gotten "mad about it". Regardless of a right or wrong situation i dont believe you are supposed to point out to the customer that he is getting aggrivated about the expierience. Other than the rude staff, i had an enjoyable stay. The rooms were comfortable and we weren't bothered.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Katie L, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Boone NC, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We are very sorry to hear of the unpleasant experience you had with our staff. It is generally a common positive for us, and we assure you your experience did not meet our standards. Our staff has been notified of the incident and you can expect a more satisfactory stay with us in the future. Thank you for your concern, as well as your praise regarding our rooms.
Florida
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Coffee pot didnt work, Garbage left in room from previous guest, breakfast minimal, rollaway left outside. staff didnt address the issues. Not enough parking I had to stuff my rental in a spot and could barely get out. Get new rollaway matresses, the ones you have are done. Someone needs to dust the mantel in the lobby because it hasnt been done in a while. The internet needs some help. The girl that checked us in was very nice

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay with us. Your concerns have been relayed to our staff, as well as your positive note of our front desk employee. We hope you will consider our hotel in your choice of accommodations on your next visit to the High Country.
Ormond Beach
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We got to the hotel late evening and were greeted by a nice young lady, and we asked for a rollaway bed. She said it would be delivered however we left to eat and run some errands and come back 3 hrs later to it sitting in the hallway instead of in the room. We tried to get on the internet with no luck being told that it was too windy (What). The next morning we go to make tea in the room and the coffee pot was too small for the maker and it made a mess everywhere, which we left for the housekeeper and never got touched. when she came to clean. that evening when we came back we notice that there was a headband behind the bed along with some other garbage and the room wasnt cleaned properly. We go to take a shower and all three of us lost hot water intantly several times throughout the shower having to turn off then on the water again. Then I am 6'2" and the ceiling in the bathroom is a little lower than normal (no problem) but the ceiling tile track was falling (good thing I saw it), so I fixed it but that could be dangerous for someone my hieght. A nice place but the little things need to be worked on. Like the Mantle in the lobby needs to be dusted badly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We appreciate your response on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay at the Super 8. I can ensure you that I have notified our maintenance and housekeeping staff about these conditions you described in your comments. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next trip to Boone!