“Great LOCAL restaurant!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Basil's Fresh Pasta and Deli
Ranked #44 of 148 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Brew Pub, Delicatessen, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Part tasting room for Booneshine Brewery, part Italian-inspired restaurant, part market. Enjoy a pint of Booneshine beer, a gourmet sandwich, and take a pound of ravioli home to cook for dinner!
Boone, North Carolina
“Great LOCAL restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I've been here three times so far and I've gotta say - the food and service is exceptional. My first visit was with a friend on a Thursday afternoon for a couple draft beers. We set on a nice couch in what felt like a coffee house area near the front window. The draft beer selection was great. The next week, I went back for lunch and ordered a meatball sub and my co-worker got a pasta dish. Both were excellent and made from fresh, local ingredients. My last visit was to pick up lasagna for a small party. I called the morning of and the staff set aside a tray for me. I picked it up, popped it in the oven for an hour, and everyone loved it! The menu is reasonably priced and the owner is very friendly and attentive. As a Boone native, I'd say this makes my top 5 best restaurants list. I'll certainly be back!

1 Thank appstate5

Kernersville, NC
“Fresh Pasta and Fantastic Meatballs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We had an early dinner here as a family. Ordering was difficult- as we weren't sure of the sizes of the regular and large portions or what type of pastas were available that day. The menu seemed unclear to us, since it was our first visit. We finally decided on spaghetti with meatballs, a side ceasar salad, and cheese ravioli with a butter sauce. Our kids were able to see the pasta being rolled out and put in to cook. The meal came out quickly, and the staff were friendly. The spaghetti and meatballs was very good. I would have preferred more sauce for the spaghetti, as the noodles were a bit dry for my taste, but the meatballs were very flavorful and obviously homemade. My younger son and I split the large order, and we still had some leftovers for my husband to finish off. The salad was fresh and the dressing was good. Our older son had the cheese ravioli in a butter sauce, and it was delicious. The cheese filling was very smooth- everyone at the table liked this! We enjoyed our dinner here. It is a unique place for pasta lovers, and a good value, as our family ate for $29. We would visit again. I'd love to try their sandwiches- I think the meatball sub sounds delicious!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank mommytoaidan
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Awesome Catered Pasta Meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I recently visited Boone for a bachelor party and needed enough good food to feed thirteen 25 yr old guys. Luckily we found out about Basil that made the easiest, best tasting solution to our problem. This was also WAY cheaper than catering at other locations we compared to. The best party was grabbing a microbrew while we rang up. I could see doing a nice sit-down meal here too with wine. Highly recommend!

• Visited February 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best sandwiches in Boone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Not only do they have the best deli sandwiches (like Panera on steroids) in Boone, they also have amazing pasta, sauces, dips, and pizza! Everything I've had from there is delicious - not a single mediocre item. And now they have beers on tap...even more incentive to stick around and hang out. This place has so much potential! It makes me really happy to see a place making everything from scratch and using local ingredients as much as possible.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Stella0101
Charlotte
“Awesome Fresh Pasta and Meatballs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

There are only a handful of places that you can get actual fresh pasta, and Basil's is one of them. I recommend the spaghetti and meatballs. I watched as my pasta was rolled and cut and put into the boil. The noodles were tender, and paired perfectly with the mild tangy sauce and flavorful meatballs. Next time, I'm bringing a date here. A true value indeed as you don't have to break the bank to eat here, while you get to enjoy a lost art in a local eatery.

• Visited January 2014